Thread: Memory Full in Vado HD

Memory Full in Vado HD

I just finished charging my new Vado HD. The first time I tried to record anything, the screen said Memory Full. I tried to do a playback, and it says NO FILE! I hooked it up to the computer, and it says that all the memory has been used up, but there are no files! This is a very different problem than any others I searched in many forum sites I dint get any kind of solution on Google. So I thought to post a new thread on such kind of forum sites where people like me can get the solution. Hope to get any replies on this.

Re: Memory Full in Vado HD

I'm exactly in the same boat, except that I've been able to record 1 hour of high-quality video. I made the mistake of deleting the files on the computer instead of on the camera.
    I've been told that we have to reformat the memory of the camera by doing any one of these:
    1. Disconnect the camera from the USB dock. Hold the delete button then turn the camera on.
    2. Download the firmware from the Creative customer support page.
    Number 1 doesn't work for me. I just get a bunch of letters and characters on the screen but this does not reformat the camera's memory. Number 2 does not work for me, either, because I get the message that there isn't enough memory on the camera to update the firmware. It's really frustrating! I submitted a ticket to customer support on Feb 12, 2011 but still haven't received any replies. Anyway, maybe one of these suggestions will work for you. Please let me know if you find out something else.

Hey, thanks. Well, neither of those worked for me either. After trying for first time, I had to reset the date and time, so it did something, but it still says MEMORY FULL! I tried it for second time, and it said, there's not enough room to put the firmware on it. Please try removing some files. Gee, I would if there were ANY FILES ON IT! Frustration. I had decided last night just to send it back to Amazon, and have it replaced. Now, they are telling me they don't have enough indications, so I need to contact the manufacturer. I might try that now, but since it is Sunday night, I doubt they will answer. I'll call first thing tomorrow. Here are the numbers that Amazon gave me. Maybe you can try to call them as well.
    Technical Support: Help with product installation and technical questions.
    Phone: 405-742-6655
    Fax: 405-742-6633

Okay, I think I was successful. I talked to someone at creative. She had me try some of the same stuff. The first thing she had me do was removing the battery, and then holds the power button down for 20 seconds. Then put the battery back in, turn it on, and see if that worked. It didn't. Then we plugged the camera in to my computer. She wanted me to copy all the files on the camera to my computer. Unfortunately, there was not enough space. There was more than 8 GB that I was to copy. I ended up copying all the files except the 360 Backup - that's where most of the files were- on to my hard drive, and then I deleted them from the camera. Next step was to download the firmware, and then follow the directions to install it on the camera. I then downloaded the software for the camera and clicked run. It installed somewhere! I then disconnected my camera from the computer, and Voila! After turning it off and then back on again, it updated the firmware, and now it works! I'm hoping it will continue to work. Deleting the files- using your computer- and then updating the firmware and software did the trick.