Thread: Camera not working in my XPERIA X10i

Camera not working in my XPERIA X10i

I have sony ericsson X10 with Android 2.1 . I am using this phone from so many days my phone was working properly but suddenly camera is stopped working. I don’t know what happened with it whenever try to open camera by pressing camera button it is not opening and whenever I try to open the camera manually it will start but after that my phone hangs abnormally and I need to restart the phone because all buttons stopped working. I don’t know what to do now. Is there any one have any idea of what will be reason for that or should I reinstall the default camera application again? Is their any other application to resolve the problem then please reply where I can get?.

re: Camera not working in my XPERIA X10i

Hi friend I have read you problem that your mobile camera suddenly sopped working. If you are same facing the same problem after restarting the phone also then I suggest you to reset the phone setting after that you will be able to operate the camera again the reset of your phone will not erase the any of your data in your phone but I suggest you to backup the all data of your phone before doing this reset. I hope this idea will works for you because I have done same thing with phone and phone reset trick really worked for me. After this also if you are finding the problems then let me know.

Hey thank you for your idea and suggestion as you told me to reset the phone after doing the back up of data I done with the back up but I don’t know how to reset the phone as I haven’t do before. If can explain me with proper steps then it will be very helpful to me because now I don’t want that any wrong thing happens with my phone so I am waiting for your reply please reply me as soon as possible.

Ok as per your request i will help you out with the proper steps to reset the phone, just follow these steps to reset the phone (make sure that you have done backup)
    • On Xperia 10 main screen, Click on the applications bar.
    • Now after that click on Settings then select the phone storage and SD card
    • Then select the Factory data reset and click on Reset phone.
    • Now It will ask for Enter your screen unlock pattern.
    • Now its Done, your Xperia X10 will restart with its factory default settings.

Hey hi if you don’t want to mess up with the reset and all the things of your phone then there is one more way to solve your issue without any reset procedure you can download the application called vignette it is a very nice application for this mobile and you can easily get this application from internet it allows you wide-screen shots in a full 8mp. It takes much better pictures and it has more options. The stock app only allows wide-screen in 6mp. Try this application it Is really nice and it will also helps to resolve yore problem.

Hey thank you so much for this help first I was looking for reset the my xperia but after reading your post I think again and I downloaded the application that you suggested in your post and I tell you that my decision was rite the application you suggested is really amazing it really solved my problem. If you have any application for video also then please tell me that name I will download that also otherwise its ok I don’t want any thing more now I am very happy that my camera start working again.