Thread: Contacts are missing after upgrade in sony ericsson.

Contacts are missing after upgrade in sony ericsson.

Hello friends I have Sony ericsson phone before two days my phone was running ok but I have upgraded my system as it prompted me before upgrade I followed whole back up procedure but after that upgrade I found that many of my contacts are missing from my phone, my email address which I added Is also left in my phone. While upgrading the phone I didn’t find any errors also than also I don’t know what went wrong and why I am facing this problem. Please any one knows how to solve the problem then please reply me. Rite now I am having Android 2.1-upgrade1in my phone. Please reply me with your suggestion.

Re: Contacts are missing after upgrade in sony ericsson.

Hi guys I have Sony ericsson x8 and I am having same problem in phone. I have lost many of my contacts after upgrade but after that so many time I tried solve this problem and also searched in internet for solution but I didn’t find the any effective solution as you know that loosing the contacts are very irritating. please any one know how to solve this problem then reply with proper procedure or proper steps I really need help for this please reply me I will be really thank full to you.

Missing contacts from mobile phone I really irritating. I have read your of question as you both are having same problem I have answer to solve this problem just go according to this steps.
    • First open your phone book and then select the send contacts and mark all the contacts.
    • After that selects the send option and select ok then choose gmail then fill the subject and click on send.
    • Now on your computer open your gmail and then download the file now click on contacts.
    • After that go to more actions and select the import and after that browse your file and hit import button.
    • After that you will see all contacts will be imported.

I hope my solution will be helpful to you.

I have gone through your problems. According to me the main cause of this problem is when a filter has been used on the contacts. Now try this steps.
    • Go to main menu and select the phonebook.
    • Now look for the icon in top left corner you will see icon like three heads.
    • Now uncheck all the box and then exit.

If the problem is there because of filter then it will solve your issue.

Thank you friends thank you so much for your helps It was really helpful to me I have followed all the procedure properly and I get back most of my contacts now I am very happy with it but I am still facing that some contacts are still missing if is there any more tricks to get back all the contacts then please give me the proper steps for that otherwise that’s ok for me because most of my important contacts are restored so thank you once again really appreciate your help.