Thread: Windows Marketplace not working on my phone

Windows Marketplace not working on my phone

The Windows Marketplace was working all fine but now it has suddenly stopped working. I don’t know what is wrong with it and what may be the reason for this. I have tried everything from restarting the phone to re downloading the marketplace application and it still won’t work. Every time I open it up it will tell me to enter the windows live ID.So is anyone having the same problem,If yes then do get back to me immediately as do let me know what I need to do to solve this query.

Re: Windows Marketplace not working on my phone

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this is something that is faced my many other people.So to get away with this what you need to do is that you need to quit the Marketplace Client.This had to be followed by the deletion of the Marketplace with the .edb files which are present. Then you will find a root directory.Once you find that then restart the marketplace and this will definitely fix your problem that you are facing.

According to me what you need to do is that you need the marketplace to be loaded but now it won't let you actually sign in. What it will do is that it will just keeps on telling asking for my username and password. And then this will force the database files to be recreated and should fix the problem.This is what I feel that you need to do and then I am sure that this will definitely solve the query that you are currently facing.

Yes whatever is being given in the previous solution is absolutely correct and according to me you need to carry out the same solution that is being given. You need to actually quit the marketplace client followed by the deleting the marketplace files which are present. And I would tell you that here actually two of the files are present and these files are found in the root directory. So this is what you need to so and then everything will be fine with you and there won’t be any worries.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would tell you that they have really helped me .I just went through them but haven’t actually worked on them as of yet but I am sure that these solution will definitely work for me.Also once I work on them and then if they actually work out for me then I will definitely do get back to you all so that even other can use this solution.So I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me and would say that this is really something that has will work for me.

Sorry to hijack this thread...but I'm also having a similar problem. I'm signed in and all is normal BUT my app list stays the same, I'm not getting any new apps and I'm stuck with the old prices and the same new app release list. all updates are applied and have a Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by j_jabbar View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread...but I'm also having a similar problem. I'm signed in and all is normal BUT my app list stays the same, I'm not getting any new apps and I'm stuck with the old prices and the same new app release list. all updates are applied and have a Titan.
    Even i was facing similar kind of problem and in my case it ended up being a connectivity problem. If there is a proxy on your data connection that you can turn on or off I would suggest flipping its state to see if that made a difference. You can also test this by using a different connection (if you had been using your phone carriers data connection try using WiFi or vice versa).