Thread: How to use SPP Bluetooth with windows phone 7

How to use SPP Bluetooth with windows phone 7

I read a lot regarding non-existent support in support of Bluetooth on the phone 7, some say why do you require it iPhone does not include it and it is a accomplishment. Well, we have developed an application that uses Windows Mobile 6.5 via Bluetooth SPP. No file sharing, however to attach to a device within a vehicle to communicate through the cars onboard systems. The use of Bluetooth is our merely option and I can not understand why Bluetooth has been reserved for hands-free operation and blocked for application development.

Re: How to use SPP Bluetooth with windows phone 7

There are many helpful ways to make use of Bluetooth and do not include such support within an operating system to build now seems strange, I know I'm not the first person to do this, but nowhere I can find an explanation of why Bluetooth is blocked. I mean SPP is a standard way to communicate via Bluetooth to cooperate in this support seems to be no additional work that will never and should be a standard feature?

"Locked out" and "reserved" are tough words; they essentially sound a bit extra domineering than the explanation given for general questions about "why not feature available xxxxx." The general response time is reduced because the first version of Windows 7 Phone concentration was in a core position of functionality to maintain a position of common scenarios user application with additional features to be added later. This was necessary to complete the operating system in time for companies and original equipment manufacturers to test and put it into a product ready for customers by 2010 holidays.

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I try to find about this on internet but still I am not able to find solution on it. When I make use of windows 7 to connect through my Bluetooth device, the COM ports are produced other than I cannot make use of the outgoing one. I have utilized dissimilar software to connect in the direction of it but moreover the port is not listed within the obtainable ports. I am out of ideas now, please help me to solve this. Thank you.

But Bluetooth technology seems simple enough. And to be honest WP7 has Bluetooth support in all its flavors what is lacking is support for the SPP protocol that seams a little weird. I can understand if the function was chosen out due to time constraints, but it seems quite easy to perform when the subsequent protocols have been added. It is possible if Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP 1.2) protocol is available. Or you can try with Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP 1.0) Or Hands Free Profile (HFP 1.5). Even it is possible with Headset Profile (HSP 1.1) or with Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP 1.0).