Thread: Opera Mini 6 not working in Blackberry Curve 8520

Opera Mini 6 not working in Blackberry Curve 8520

I have downloaded the latest version i.e. Opera Mini 6 in order to replace my old opera mini 5 on blackberry curve 8520. After downloading I have rebooted my Blackberry and while I open Opera Mini, it starts to install. While it is during a 1/5 at that time it stops and eventually prompts this message "It's not achievable to connect to Internet. Verify your configuration". However I can connect the internet via Wifi and I can browse pages using the blackberry browser. Then what is the problem with this Opera Mini 6. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Re: Opera Mini 6 not working in Blackberry Curve 8520

By the use of "clean install" process the opera mini 6 worked perfectly in my blackberry. I recommend you try this:
    • Clear all the Opera Mini's history as well as cache, afterward uninstall OM. Launch the blackberry browser, clean memory as well as cache there, afterward close it.
    • Turn of the handset, take out battery
    • After 10 minutes put the battery in and switch on the handset
    • Reinstall the opera mini 6 again via doing a fresh download from the official website through your blackberry browser
    • I don't recognize what the source of this issue is, except I and others have successfully resolved it through simply the "clean install" procedure.

In order to make the successful internet connection in opera mini 6 go to its options>advanced options>host routing table>register now. Furthermore ensure with your internet service provider notice if the blackberry internet browsing service is switch on or not. Essentially there are 2 settings which must control what you can perform on the blackberry, one is email, BIS otherwise BIS BES together, and the further one is internet browsing provisioning. Occasionally the provisioning will take action on its personal. If you still not able to connect then you might need to contact the provider support team.

In favor of the opera users, ensure options>advanced options>TCP setting is accurate to your provider settings. Other thing you have to do is make the internet connection as default in your phone. Whether it may be a wifi connection or GPRS connection, you have to make one of them as default. Furthermore you have to activate that default connection for all applications in blackberry. Otherwise additional application which you have downloaded or installed later might not be capable to notice what internet connection you are currently using in your blackberry.

To way in Internet on Opera Mini browser, you must make one further adjust in the device’s setting. Go behind the underneath step,
    • Go to Options > Advance Options > TCP/IP and allow APN settings
    • Put in APN value like “internet” and make sure “APN Authentication Enabled”.
    • Put in “web” like Username intended for APN and “web” as password meant for APN
    • Launch Opera Mini browser and open the Settings. Beneath “Advance” options, click on top of “Network Testing”.
    • After that choose “Done”. Currently you can browse Internet on Opera Mini 6 through EDGE, GPRS, 3G services.

While you speak it doesn't toil, are you getting some kind of error message? It may be for the reason of suitable APN settings aren't settled up. Go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP. In support of the APN configure it to wap. Depart the username as well as password empty, and afterward save the settings. If this cannot work for then you might need to carry out a soft reset otherwise a hard reset in your blackberry curve. Otherwise you might need to contact the nearest blackberry service center.