Thread: X-fi Style doesn't show music details

X-fi Style doesn't show music details

I have just bought a new x-fi style and transferred music using Windows Medial Player on computer using xp and this worked no problem. There are total 600+ albums added with 8000 odd songs. Tried last night to put some more music on it using another computer that is Windows 7 64 and Media Player again. At the time it seemed to go fine and everything transferred across, the available memory space reduced accordingly and the library rebuilt itself (why does the progress bar display several times before the library is updated ? Today when I looked for the music, it wasn't there. Can anyone explain this and point me in the right direction please? Thanking you in advance.

Re: X-fi Style doesn't show music details

After reading your post what I can imagine is that the files which don't come into view within the player is not having the suitable tags. This is the main reason for the issue that you are facing at the time. Zen players only read the tag information from files to list them in the library. If tags are missing they will not show up. I hope that this will help you to provide the clear idea that why it is happening with the device.

Thank you so much for your replies on this I have done a bit of research though. The player is limited to 8,000 songs irrespective of bit rate. I use 64kps so I now have a player that has 10 GB spare and you cannot put any more songs on it. I could, however, put about 10,000 pictures on it. Absolutely ridiculous and I feel Creative's advertising is utterly misleading and I wish I hadn't bought it. Would many people have bought this if Creative made it clear that you are limited to 8,000 songs? I doubt it. One very dissatisfied customer so beware.

OK, I accept what you say and have read it and taken it on board. I have taken some music off in the hope that the library might rebuild itself and include some of the music that's actually on the player but not able to be displayed. Unfortunately, all it does is reduce the amount of tracks on it and doesn't seem able to include any of the 'non-displayed' stuff. I then try and re-add some of the 'non-displayed' music and I'm told that it's already on the device. So, presumably I need to delete this music and then re-add it? Also, why is the player limited to 8,000 tracks? Is this particular to Creative as I've also read that a Creative 64Gb player is also limited to 8,000 tracks?

I find it simply unfathomable that the technology company I have trusted for all these years had let me down in this manner. I was a proud owner of it when it first came for me. When I first got it had a 6GB hard drive which I soon filled. I upgraded it "unofficially" to a 20GB drive and the firmware handled it no probs. Similarly my JB3 had 20GB when I got it, which I "upgraded" to 80GB". Again no issues with the firmware recognizing the larger drive or indeed my ever expanding MP3 collection.

My just hope is that Creative's Head of R&D is listening and there is a version of firmware due out sometime soon that addresses this "artificial" 8,000 song limit. I have been in the software industry myself for many decades. Making an "architectural" decision to introduce such a limit into the firmware*just mind-boggling when affordable memory capacities are doubling almost year on year. What am I supposed to do to make use of the 64GB storage on my XFi? Re-rip half of my 192Kbps collection at 320Kbps, or re-encode them in FLAC, etc, and just accept that I have to leave half of my music collection languishing on my PC.

I read the product technical specifications when I was considering buying*an X-Fi Style. I was confused that a 32 GB player would only hold 8,000 tracks so I sought clarification from Customer Support. I was delighted to be informed that 'in theory' the player would hold far in excess of that number and so I bought one! When I soon discovered that what I had been told was untrue I attempted to secure a refund on a player insufficient to my needs. I was politely and firmly told that this would not be possible. Having bought six different Creative players down through the years the X-Fi Style will undoubtedly be my last.