Thread: Toshiba Satellite E205 fail to start

Toshiba Satellite E205 fail to start

I am having issue with Toshiba Satellite E205. I got the same for repair. It freezes in between, and now it is not booting at all. I tried anyhow to enter the bios but the system lags there. I pressed ctrl + alt + del to reboot by still again the system freezes on Windows logo. I am not getting any help on that. As per the client it is has been due to virus issue. What can be reason. It does not look like an hardware fault and for the software issue I can get an easy fix for the same. But still before that I just want to confirm the issue with it.

Re: Toshiba Satellite E205 fail to start

It looks like a issue with BIOS. When you enter the bios does it took really long time to enter the same. If yes then you must show the same to some authorized service center. There is no way you can fix that by your own. BIOS flashing is not a easy job. Before doing any major changes first try to boot in safe mode by pressing F8 continuously on Windows boot and run system restore. This fixes major issue most of the time without any kind of major troubleshooting.

I found a similar issue with my laptop. But that is not Toshiba Satellite. But the issue can give you a hit help. If you press Ctrl + Alt + Del and the same is not responded then there is a bit hardware troubleshooting you will need to do. For that just unplug the ac adapter from the laptop. Then remove the battery for sometime and then put it back again. You can then try to turn the same on and then check back. Try running in safe mode first and then do other operations.

Do you have a recovery disk for your system. It is important to have the same. Because in case you lost any thing then you can run the recovery disk and get back your operating system. Or else you have none other option to use an open source solution or pirated os. If you do not have a recovery disk then get one from the customer support. They will charge you a small fee and you can get a copy of your operating system. Run the disk and restore your operating system.

It looks that the operating system of the laptop is corrupted. I will advice you to use Windows disc and run a repair setup operating. When you insert a bootable disc and boot from the same then it provides you an option to repair the operating system. Press R for the same and choose the one you want. Boot in the same and fix the old files of operating system. This is the best and fastest way to recover your operating system from a sudden crash. Or else there is no way to format and re-install the entire operating system back again.

Remove the battery and connect your laptop to power source. Turn it on. See whether that your laptop is working fine in that mode or not. It looks like an battery trouble. Some due to some reason you need re-calibrate your laptop battery. For that unplug the laptop and remove the battery. Then hold the power button for about 20 seconds. It will wipe out the extra power in your system. Keep the battery away for sometime. Then plug back and connect the laptop to power source. Turn it on and then check back this will work definitely.