Thread: Can Apple iPad tether via Bluetooth

Can Apple iPad tether via Bluetooth

I really don’t have any idea, how can I tether my iPad via Bluetooth. If I setup iOS 4.3 on my iPhone 3GS, can the iPad join to my iPhone 3GS through Bluetooth? I already search on many sites, but can get proper and useful answer for this. Even I ask this to apple, but every time I get the different answer. So it’s really confusing for me to understand. So please if anyone has any idea or any useful information for this than please provide me.

Re: Can Apple iPad tether via Bluetooth

Yes you can! And do you wish to know how I know this? This message is being entered on a WIFI iPad 1 modernized to 4.3 tethered using Bluetooth to my iPhone 3GS at present. While the iPad is tethered to the 3GS, a series link icon will turn up next to the iPad where generally the WIFI icon would emerge if a WIFI signal is spotted. This choice will just be activated if Personal Hotspot is turned on in combination to Bluetooth pairing. Turn Personal Hotspot first and after that pair. If it is off, the Bluetooth connection between the 2 devices will be mechanically detached. While you turn Personal Hotspot another time, the two will reconnect mechanically.

I just tethered my iPhone 3GS to my iPad1 through Bluetooth (would emerge to be the just option except somebody has a 30-30 USB connector to experiment with. I after that turned off Wi-Fi on my iPad and voila, I'm cruising in Safari, appearing for music and podcasts in the iTunes application, trade applications in the App Store, and so on. I am mechanically enabled "Tethering" while it came out even while AT&T didn't in the US and who at a standstill charges for that service. It is a slight sluggish being Bluetooth but it works. I just utilized the FCC Mobile Broadband Test application on the iPad to contrast Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi and got 1/0.2 vs. 5/1 so Bluetooth is about 1/5 the speed of Wi-Fi on my network.

I feel they do both necessitate being 4.3. I am writing this on my iPad 1 64G WIFI/3G but the hotspot link is exhibited at the bottom of the screen, representing that it is utilizing the 3GS Bluetooth connection. The iPhone is exhibiting the "Personal Hotspot: 1 connection" in the irregular blue bar while it utilized to say Internet tethering. I went Bluetooth on the iPhone, balancing with the iPad, and that was that. You don’t require turning off WIFI or cellular data, as the hotspot link takes priority.

Here I also wish to add something related to this. I have my apple iPad 2 balancing with my jailbroken iPhone 3GS over Bluetooth, without a doubt worked because I have the tethered application already setup but I have to pair it below General - Internet tethering alternative; it didn't work in Bluetooth below Settings - Bluetooth. But while I attempt with my non jailbroken iPhone 3GS it didn't work.

Came across this undocumented characteristic of the novel iOS 4.3 update for iPad and iPhone’s and seems that currently you can utilize the new individual Hotspot feature in iOS 4.3 for iPhone 4 to tether the iPad to the iPhone using Bluetooth for Internet connectivity. Beforehand the just way to realize this is to jailbreak the iPad and acquires an application on Cydia called iTether. I guess that Apple facilitated Bluetooth tethering on the iPad as it is in outcome no diverse to the Wi-Fi tethering accessible by the new Personal Hotspot feature in iOS 4.3.