Thread: Ipad2 give message "unable to connect to network apple” when trying to connect the internet

Ipad2 give message "unable to connect to network apple” when trying to connect the internet

I have recently had got an Ipad2 from the store that was near to my place, it was having some of the problem in connecting to the internet, I have seen that the MacBook Pro is able to connects to the internet, but the iPad is not able to do this anymore. When I try to connect iPad to the internet, a message is been provided stating that “unable to connect to network apple”, also I have seen that connection that is used is always automatic, as it is in the laptop. Please help in coming out of the problem that is present in it.

Re: Ipad2 give message "unable to connect to network apple” when trying to connect the internet

Did you tried the setting in the Ipad2 which is related to the internet connection, the setting that I have provided to you is regard with the IPad but I hope it will help in coming out of it, just try to resetting the IPad that is present with you. This can be done by pressing the home button and the power button that is present in the device. This will help in getting all the setting in a proper order. Now go in Settings and then in the general, after that just go in the Reset and then reset the network settings. Now after you have done this then restart the router and then try to connect the internet.

Re: Ipad2 give message "unable to connect to network apple” when trying to connect the internet

I am also having the same kind of the problem in the IPad in connecting the internet I have tried setting the network connection but I am still unable to connect to my home wireless network. I have no troubles connecting at my friend’s network connection in it. Is anyone has having some kind of the problem in it? It could be the cause of the router which I am using in it. Both of my friends have routers through AT&T but I am not sure with the brand that they are using, but also I am using the cable internet provider at my place.

I just wanted to know that what kind of the router that you are using at your place, I think that the problem is been relate with the router that you are using in the connection. I have seen that the internet connection was present at different location, but it was locating at your place, so there must be the problem in it, I fully think that the problem is in the router only; if the connection is present everywhere then it should be present at your place also.

Thanks for the help that you have provided to me, I have seen all the solution that you have provided and I think that the perfect solution if it is present then it is present here only, I have seen that the router was the main problem which was causing the problem and when I tried the connection with the help of the other network and also the router was not able to come out of the problem that was present in the network .

Hi. I am having the same issue. I can connect to my network (AT&T / 2wire router) with my MacBook (Leopard) but can't connect to said network with my iPad 2 (I have nothing else connected to this network). But yet, I can connect my iPad 2 to my friend's wireless network and to my own printer network.

So it would seem to me that BOTH the iPad 2 and the network are working fine. I changed Network name, passwords, WPA to WEP to everything in between. I changed wireless channels, wireless mode and power settings. I unplugged the router and did an 'a network settings' reset AND an 'all settings' reset on the iPad. I booted up the Mac with the iPad connected. And without. With the router on and off. With the ethernet cable and with the wireless on.

Disabling wireless security on my router and my iPad says: 'password incorrect'. Enabling wireless security and iPad says: 'unable to join network'. My network does show up on my list, as do other networks. And if I turn on my printer, that network is listed and I can connect to it as well with the iPad.

I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with different folks at Apple today. Very nice but no resolution. They seemed to think it's a router issue.
    I then spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with AT&T. After being transferred 3 times, I ended up with a pretty rude lady who asked me which number I was calling and how I had gotten it (and no, I'm not making this up). Then she proceeded to give me another number and said she'd transfer me. Silly me, I held on for a few minutes before I realized she'd hung up and when I called the number she gave me... it was Apple's! And no, I'm not making this up either. Called back and the new lady I dealt with was much nicer and we worked on resetting everything on the network. But no dice.

I'm at my wit's end. Any idea? Anyone?
    I can't find an emoticon bashing its head on a desk so I'll post this one instead:

If you have previously attempted "WEP" and "WEP hex or ASCII," attempt going to back to the list of obtainable networks and select "Other..." There you can select from two more pw types, "WPA" and "WPA2." Utilize 64bit in its place of 128bit security. No more password incorrect messages. I wish this information will help to solve your issue.

Hi.
    Thank you for your answer. I don't have the options you listed. The only options I have are:
    WEP-Open
    WEP-Shared
    WPA-PSK
    WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK
    WPA2-PSK
    And I've tried every single one of them, using the default encryption key or custom pass phrase, renaming the network, changing the channel, etc...
    I've changed every setting available to me on my network.
    I'm thinking there's a compatibility issue with the router (older) and the iPad 2 (newer). What are your thoughts?
    Thanks for the help.

If your iPad works at two added locations I would suspect your router (even if other devices appear to exertion with it). Seem for a firmware update for your router or a novel router. Equipment supplied by Internet suppliers is frequently pretty old. IPad 64GB iPhone OS 3.1.3

Thank you for your ideas. I was helping someone else who had a router pre-configured with two passwords - one password for network name, and another password specific for WPA-PSK. After reading this thread, I did the following with the IPAD2: 1) Select Other Network (even though the network name appeared separately as a choice of wifi networks to select); 2) then, under security, I selected "wpa" for wpa-psk; 3) went back and entered the password that was configured for wpa. It worked perfectly.