Thread: iTunes absolutely will not recognize my iPad 2

iTunes absolutely will not recognize my iPad 2

ITunes recognizes my iPod, but refuses to recognize my IPAD two since upgrading to 10.2. I've tried almost everything imaginable. I have become the IPAD 2 on and off. I reset the IPAD 2. I restarted the computer. I removed and installed iTunes again. I recognize it's not the USB port or cable, since both are the same that I use for my iPod, iTunes. My IPAD two seem to recognize when plugged into the charger that makes little noise and other things (however, always says "no charge", despite being charged). When I connect to the computer, however, nothing happens. It's as if I did nothing to him.

Re: iTunes absolutely will not recognize my iPad 2

So far, I tried the Windows 7 teams 8. Six were 64 bits and 2 were 32 bits. The IPAD 2 new do not work on Windows 7 64-bit computers as iTunes does not recognize the IPAD 2. This works in 32 bits but that's not my main machine. The problem seems to be related to the driver that is installed for the IPAD 2. When installed, it can be installed in their own right, although in all cases, the user is authorized with administrator privileges. However, some people know it is not enough in the design of a device driver for Windows 7.

You say that is not the cable, since it is the same as that used for the iPod touch, but the cable that comes with the IPAD 2? If not, try changing the cables. You have nothing to lose. If the load does not say that seems to be an indication that there may be the cable. That's all you can come if they have gone through this step, support the site with the full passage. I really wish I could be more useful, but frankly, not even read the instructions on the Windows support page makes my turning the head so many possibilities. I don’t know about Windows.

I tested the two strings. I'm using that came with my IPAD 2. (I tried both in the magazine, too, with the same results for both.) The only problem with the Apple store is the closest to me is 2.5 hours away. Thank you very much for trying to help, however. I am thankful for it! It is good to take time out and try to help (particularly when they know nothing about Windows. I would never be able to help someone with a Mac!).

I had the same difficulty. My IPAD 2 duplicate initiated the "no charge", although he heard the beeping noise and charged immediately after the very first update IOS last fall. I thought it was a technical problem I had with her. Few days before after upgrading my macbook pro. My IPAD 2 does not be familiar with my iphone was. I consideration it was a software glitch. I went to a meeting this weekend had a great time and told me I had a fault 30 pins on the iPad 2. It is replacing my iPad 2. I hope this helps. While reading your posts. I could swear I had written!

I had a similar problem. Neither my IPAD 2 nor iPhone is displayed in iTunes. Checking my opinion, the "Apple Mobile Device" service was not working. My OS is Vista. I do not know what you use, but in Vista, click the Windows Start button and the search bar type "services" (without the quotes). This brings us to the Services window. Towards the top of the list will be Apple's mobile device. Click once on it and look to the left. If you say, "Start the service", then iTunes is not working and cannot find the device. Click "Start" and then open iTunes. That worked for me. Hope this helps.

I have an XP laptop. My itunes recognize my Ipad 2 only at work (when I'm behind a proxy). At home seems impossible (with direct connection to the router wi fi). I've done all the work of cleansing (battery, installed itunes again), nothing seems to work. I installed iTunes on another computer with Vista at home and worked on the first try. Any guesses? Where I can find out how itunes connect to the Internet, which may affect my relationship with my USB 2 iPad? Help me, please, because I have to stay!

Anyone have a difinitive answer on this...I have all the same symptoms . Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Apple support but could not find a thing wrong. They`ve ended up taking a bunch of log info and sending it off to their engineering department.

Quote Originally Posted by Fo Tenx View Post
    Anyone have a difinitive answer on this...I have all the same symptoms . Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Apple support but could not find a thing wrong. They`ve ended up taking a bunch of log info and sending it off to their engineering department.
    What error are you getting, can you please specify in details? If you have any antivirus or firewall, then try disabling it and turning off, do that then restart your PC and the iPad and then try to connect it to the pc and see if itunes recognizes it. Incase if the usb cable is at fault, then try a different cable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    What error are you getting, can you please specify in details? If you have any antivirus or firewall, then try disabling it and turning off, do that then restart your PC and the iPad and then try to connect it to the pc and see if itunes recognizes it. Incase if the usb cable is at fault, then try a different cable as well.
    Sorry, I should have provided details:
    I get a "USB not recognised" error message from Windoze. Yes, have tried several cables. I have turned off the firewall of my Mcafee virus software, I plugged into a friend`s Mac and it hooked up instantly, I have deleted all apple related software and reloaded iTunes, I have tried a hard reboot, i have tried plugging into the rear USB ports rather than the front, I have tried a "Reset all settings", I have tried "Erase all content" reset, I have checked that the Apple Mobile Device Driver was running (and stopped and started it to be certain). I think there were one or two other things I`ve tried but I can`t remember right now.
    Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Fo Tenx; 28-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.

I get a "USB not recognised" error message from Windoze. Yes, have tried several cables. I have turned off the firewall of my Mcafee virus software, I plugged into a friend`s Mac and it hooked up instantly, I have deleted all apple related software and reloaded iTunes, I have tried a hard reboot, i have tried plugging into the rear USB ports rather than the front, I have tried a "Reset all settings", I have tried "Erase all content" reset, I have checked that the Apple Mobile Device Driver was running (and stopped and started it to be certain). I think there were one or two other things I`ve tried but I can`t remember right now.
    I have found 2 solution that has been mentioned to be working by some, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference or not:
    • Go to add or remove program and then repair the itunes but dont remove it
    • Try to open the itunes by right clicking on itunes con and then opening it as an administrator
    • Just try it out and then let me know if any of the solution is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post

I have found 2 solution that has been mentioned to be working by some, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference or not:
    • Go to add or remove program and then repair the itunes but dont remove it
    • Try to open the itunes by right clicking on itunes con and then opening it as an administrator
    • Just try it out and then let me know if any of the solution is helping.
    Thanks HamsiniI. Unfortunately, no joy for either solution. A friend has a brand new laptop running Win 7, but he has upgraded to Professional. We downloaded iTunes onto it and my iPad hooked straight up...this is weird!