Thread: ipad screen cannot be rotated

ipad screen cannot be rotated

I have an original IPAD running IOS 4.3.1. During the past weekend, the screen simply stopped turning when you change the orientation of the device. The screen lock is set to be controlled by the hardware to turn silence and is in the unlocked position. I tried to restart the IPAD, recover and restore even with a fresh image - all in vain. The screen simply does not light. I do not think this is hardware and applications that use the gyroscope continue to function normally and the sense of turning the device input. But it seems that there is no editing software so far has worked to get the screen orientation to change.

Re: ipad screen cannot be rotated

I change the setting to change so it is back to silence. If he is silent and cannot get it off, but the rotation now works with the double tap the home button controls, then you have a bad switch on the device. Very bright idea! Unfortunately, no luck. I tried this and while the switch is working well (silently enabled when set to do so), the orientation of the screen is locked in portrait mode, even when "lock" is on / off in the software. I do not understand why individual applications seem to be able to feel the rotation very well, but the operating system as a whole does not.

The screen orientation will not rotate independently of the main screen or in an application. Is closed, apparently in portrait mode. I know however that the gyro is working and I can play games like Maze 2 very well the screen does not rotate, of course, but I'm able to control the game very well by tilting the iPad. That's what leads me to consider its software somewhat than hardware difficulty. I've done reboots, restarts and restarts all you have done is to downgrade the OS to 4.3 to see if that fixes it.

Yes, I'm sure. If I can change the status of the switch in the approved manner see the overlay graphics with rotation lock on / off. I have also tried to change settings and not with the hardware or software does the switch. After restating the ipad its work perfectly, but after a few times in the sleep mode does not work anymore. When not working what is the switch? Lock on or off? You can be accidental device to switch to lock mode due to an IOS error.

As I mentioned before - the screen does not turn, no matter if the hardware or software "lock" is on or off. I've rebooted, reset and restore. Any kind of thing is not working. The provoking thing is that for the reasons I mention above this is obviously the software and not a hardware issue. Or else it would have been for a long repair. This is very rare, and all we can do now is to return to the store. I do not understand why they seem reluctant to do so.