Thread: Toshiba M645 has no back light keyboard

Toshiba M645 has no back light keyboard

Hi, I am having one Toshiba M645 laptop with windows 7 operating system installed. The key board has got a stunning appearance. There is an illumination touch control on the top of the keyboard. When it turned it on I found that it only lights the satellite logo on the keyboard and a light on the top of the touch pad. I was wandering the keyboard to be a backlight one, but surprisingly it was not. I want to know if it is possible by any means to install the backlight for the keyboard. What is the function of illumination control keyboard.

Re: Toshiba M645 has no back light keyboard

Hello, I am also having a Toshiba M645 laptop but it does not have the backlight function for the keyboard. There are some Toshiba models that come with backlight function like Toshiba A665 laptop. Go through the user manual that you got with the laptop when you purchased it. Go through its specification and check if it has got the back light function for the keyboard. I think your laptop keypad does not have backlight display.

You can install backlight for the keyboard but the motherboard should support it. For this you need to open the laptop. But this should not be done without any knowledge of the hardware. You should consult the Toshiba service center and make sure that the mother board supports this extra feature that you are going to add. If they say it is possible then ask them to install this feature or else don’t open the laptop all by yourself.

Yes, it is possible to upgrade the normal keyboard to backlight keyboard. For this you need a 13.3" u505 backlight keyboard. Remove one screw from the L shaped access panel which is in between the access panel and hard drive. Unscrew two screws to release the keyboard. There are two ribbon cables, one ribbon cable is having two wires which provides power to the backlight. If you are able to connect in an ordered manner, this will upgrade the normal keyboard to backlight keyboard.

Illumination touch control function enables you to light up the LED lights present on the key board so that you can access some of the applications directly from the keyboard. When you enable the illumination touch control then you can access it by simply touching it or tapping it with your finger. You can see the media controls on the top of the keyboard through which you can easily control the program without moving the mouse cursor from the touch pad.