Thread: Unable to solve Ovi Map & WLAN connectivity on Nokia E5

Mykola Guest

Unable to solve Ovi Map & WLAN connectivity on Nokia E5

Hello, I have bought the new branded Nokia E5 cell phone. This Nokia E5 cell phone is provides the most of the advanced features such as TFT 256K color display with 2.36 inch size, 5MP camera, 250MB internal phone memory, FM radio, Bluetooth and so on. Yesterday I have try to use the OVI map and I think that it has not been taken any charges and it would be free. But suddenly it takes specific charge for this OVI map usage. Also I have not able to establish the connection of the WLAN. Can anybody help me to solve these two different issues?

re: Unable to solve Ovi Map & WLAN on Nokia E5

I also purchased the same Nokia E5 smart phone. This cell phone provides the inbuilt facility which will help us to solve the troubles. I have faced the same kind of Ovi map issue. Firstly I think that this is the free service but later on I know that they will take the extra money for usage of the service. Then after that I do not use this service. If you got the solutions then inform me. The other trouble I have not faced because at the time of establish connection between the cell phone and the WLAN I use the guidance of the network engineer. He helps me a lot to solve the trouble.

I have gone through this same issue and I am not able to solve these kinds of issue. Then I read the manual of the Nokia E5 cell phone. All of the specifications and troubles are presents into this manual. After reading that manual I understand the process of establish connections between the WLAN and the cell phone. The other issue you mentioned is actually not the one of the issue. They will take only the small amount for the usage of the Ovi map. Hence I think you got the right solutions.

re: Unable to solve Ovi Map & WLAN issue on Nokia E5

See, if you need to use the Ovi map without incurring the extra data charges then you need to download the map data. The Ovi suite helps you to download the map data. Then you need to set the Ovi map option in the Offline mode. If you set this Ovi option to online mode then it will not beneficial for you. After that you need to disable all positioning method excluding the integrating GPS method. After doing this process, the Ovi issue is to be solved. The other issue will be solved using the Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g protocol presents in the cell phone. Also you can use the UPnP & DLNA technology for solve the WLAN issue.

Hey, I think you need to take the advice of the service engineer. See sometimes there is some problem presents in the cell phone hence we are not able to view the actual problem. We are try different things to solve the occurred issue but may be possible that this trouble is not solved and there is other trouble occurred in the cell phone hence in that situations you need to contact with the service engineer. He will briefly guided you about what to do and what does not need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykola View Post
    Hello, I have bought the new branded Nokia E5 cell phone. This Nokia E5 cell phone is provides the most of the advanced features such as TFT 256K color display with 2.36 inch size, 5MP camera, 250MB internal phone memory, FM radio, Bluetooth and so on. Yesterday I have try to use the OVI map and I think that it has not been taken any charges and it would be free. But suddenly it takes specific charge for this OVI map usage. Also I have not able to establish the connection of the WLAN. Can anybody help me to solve these two different issues?
    Ovi maps is free. When the phone sends a request for positioning, it sends out data through the internet. Now if the phone is connected through GPRS/3G instead of the Wlan, it would cost money. You are paying for the GPRS/3G not the Ovi service.