Thread: Eee pc 901 display broken down

Eee pc 901 display broken down

I have this eee pc 901 in which I have installed the Xubuntu 9.04. While working on the laptop someday ago my display broke down, from black screen it faded to white. So I want to know what should I do in such situation. If you talk about the replacement of the lcd screen I have tried out that as well but that also did not gave me any result. One more thing that I would like to add here is that my Xfce environment has also broken down but it is not a major issue.

Re: Eee pc 901 display broken down

With the new lcd screen that you have got. Have you ensured that if you have a good lcd monitor driver for it as well .if you have a good driver then only you would be able to work on it. Otherwise your brand new lcd will not work properly with the new system. So that’s what I want to say here the role of the drivers in operating are very important and hence it is very important to have the latest drivers installed for the new hardware that you have added to the current system. So do have a check of that and get back to me if that works or not.

Well it is indeed strange that you are not able to work with the new lcd monitor. For the temporary use it is well advisable to use the standard VGA output connect it with any external monitor and you would be able to get some output from there. Although it is a very temporary solution that I am suggesting you and hence I would like to say that better check with the other lcd monitors and do not forget to install drivers for the new lcd monitors that you are adding.

I think in such situation it is best to have a talk with the asus customer support about this problem. They would be the perfect candidates in this situation to answer your query. See in your case the problem might be due to the different reason and one of them can be the installation of the drivers. Have a proper talk to them whether which kind of driver would be actually supported by your device. All these things does helps you. So better have talk with them and I am sure you would be able to get some help from them.

Ok, thanks for your help. It was indeed that problem and I was not aware of such problems. So thanks for reminding about the same. I am very happy that I did get some good response and it has helped me in the process. I just went to the asus websites and downloaded the drivers from there only. So now the screen is working absolutely fine. All thanks to you guys. felling great that the screen is working now.