Thread: Unknown ERROR in RSS feeds of Nokia E7

Unknown ERROR in RSS feeds of Nokia E7

Hello guys, I am using Nokia E7, I want your help because I am getting an unknown error while refreshing the RSS fields. All other applications and tools are running smoothly but I don’t what is wrong with this section. I want to refresh the RDD feeds in the browser of my handset but whenever I try to do that I get an “unknown ERROR” and after that my handset gets hanged for a short period of time. And when I use it in widgets it shows the content in RSS feeds is not readable. Please help me out guys.

Re: Unknown ERROR in RSS feeds of Nokia E7

Dude I had the same problem in my Nokia 5800. I tried to search a lot about this problem over net but no help. Even I have posted to many other forums and tech related web site but nobody had a solution for this one. So I visited the Nokia service center for support and my phone was under warranty period so they didn’t even charged me. So my suggestion for you is, contact the support staff of Nokia or directly visit the service center.

Hey man I don’t think you have to visit any Nokia service center for this problem. I had the same problem in my Nokia E7 and when I called the support staff, they were not able to solve my query on phone. But when I have posted this query in these forums I found the solution. The problem was with Fring, I don’t use that application. And the solution was just to uninstall frings, so I had given a try and it worked for me. Just try it if you don’t use fring.

Well mate you can try Fring thing but if doesn’t work for you then reset your settings. I have Nokia 5800 and I had the same problem with my handset and frankly speaking I don’t much about these technical stuffs, one of my friend suggested that just reset all the settings, so did that and guess what the problem was solved. I didn’t know what was the issue with handset but just reset settings worked for me. Hope this will work for you, just give it a try.

That’s exactly what I did when the RSS feeds was giving me unknown error, I did a hard reset on my handset but I had taken the backup of my old settings. And when I uploaded those backup settings again, I was getting the same error so I did the same reset thing again but this time I did not uploaded the backup of old settings. And this time it worked for me I guess something from my old settings was blocking the feeds.

This forum site is just amazing, whenever I have posted any query on this site every time I got the instant reply, guys thanks a lot for sharing your suggestion and giving me the solution. I was also thinking about reset the settings but I first tried the fring option, even I don’t use that so it wasn’t of any use for me, I just uninstalled it. And switched off my phone and after switching it on RDD feeds was readable in widgets and I am also able to refresh the settings. Thank you guys.