Thread: Connection to the gateway is not present with help of Nokia X6

Connection to the gateway is not present with help of Nokia X6

Recently I had purchased an Nokia X6 mobile for myself, in that the feature of the OVI is been activated to the phone of mine, but when I am trying to join the facebook with the help of OVI social network I get the error message in it like ‘Unable to connect to the Gateway’. This Kind of the error occurs when I try to log in to the site with the help of the username and the password that is provided to me. I am able to connect to the internet with the help of the Wlan and also in the normal mode, no problem is occurring there. Also I have tried different setting in it but it is not helping me in any of the cases, so now what to do about this problem. Please help me in this thing.

Re: Connection to the gateway is not present with help of Nokia X6

I have seen this kind of the problem in many people phone who is using the services of this, I have seen that the update process which should be take place is not been taken in a proper manner, due to which the error is been occurring in it. So the way to get rid of the problem is to reinstall the whole application in the nokia mobile with the help of a good source, and after the completion of it then just do the updation of the same with the help of the genuine site again which should be up to date. Try to see the result that does this thing works or not in the series.

I am also facing this kind of the problem here with nokia X6 mobile device which is present with me, and also it give the same error which is provided to you when I am trying to connect to the social networking site like facebook. I tried to do the connection with both the ways like WLAN and 3G. Facebook works excellent with browser but it doesn't work with this social networking application present in it. Now I know that I am not the only one who has this kind of a similar difficulty, When I was doing some of the research and the development on the internet, I found out that this difficulty originates from nokia's or facebook's gateway itself. But when I tried around after hundred times I got achieve something with facebook in social networking application.

Hi there, I have seen in the last two weeks after doing a lot of investigation in it , the new smart phones needs some setting to be done which should be done from your sim card . This kind of the services was not working from the old sim card which was connected to the smart phones, so I think there must be something in the new sim which should be considered when using for the OVI connection, so I think that you people should give a try with the new sim card to be inserted in the nokia N8 which may help in coming out of the problem that is present in it.

As per my knowledge, I think the best thing to do is to try to activate it through Ovi with the help of your phone. Once you get to the OVI store then search for social. This problem truly seems like a remote case. Have you tried to alter the settings of the mobile to default and then trying back to start with, also just check for the application that is present in the mobile which is causing the incompatibility issue in the mobile, just check for something like this? Exactly now I have Social version 1.1.264, also give a try to go to applications: SW Update and check if there are any updates. I know the first time I inserted this handset into Ovi Suite it told me there was an update for Social, Did that happen for you?

I imagine proxy is also one of the cause for the reason that the problem is happening, when I am using my own private 3g in my laptop & connect my nokia X6 using windows XP's internet connection sharing, I can use the Social applications but if I am using my office proxy the Social application doesn’t work for me . might be Nokia can drop some light on how the Social apps work by giving information of what url, ports are engage since a few corporate proxy don't permit ip base server & only few ports are unlock except we be appropriate for contact irregularities in it.

In my case its the proxy which creates this kind of the error become visible as when I am at home where the application will be running in a faster way, the nokia people should've thought about this when developing the app I’ve tried almost everything from the resetting of the phone to the updating to the latest social app using nokia software updater but the problem still persists.