Thread: Nokia N8-Ovi: Unable to connect to gateway

Nokia N8-Ovi: Unable to connect to gateway

While I attempt to connect to Facebook via Ovi's social network I continue getting up that I can’t connect to gateway! This occurs after I have stated my name and password and it attempts to log in. I can employ the web both by WLAN and usual, no trouble there. I have attempted dissimilar settings but it seems that I haven’t established the right one up till now. Anyone have any idea or solution for this?

Re: Nokia N8-Ovi: Unable to connect to gateway

Similar trouble here with Nokia N8 and social networking, it said that it cannot bond to gateway. I attempted both with WLAN and 3G. Facebook works fine with browser but it doesn't work with this social networking application. Now I know that I am not the only one who has such trouble. It looks like this trouble arrives from nokia's or Facebook’s gateway itself. Later than hundred times attempting (my eyes were even closed) I got succeed with Facebook in social networking application.

On OVI store no method to get the social application. So I cannot open it from there or download the newest version. I installed a few applications for certain, but if I memorize I attempted on the first days devoid of additional applications. If it doesn’t work again and again I will do a hard reset. I will attempt to modernize the social application from Ovi suite; I memorize for me I had an update while I joined the Nokia N8 to the Ovi suite but about the Nokia N8 system if I remember. I m going to attempt a novel update in 3 or 4 hours while back at home, I'm back later.

I was having the identical trouble but currently work for me really good here it is what I do. first I setup Ovi Suite the last version in my PC and I attach my phone by USB and modernize the maps because the maps from my phone was from Germany and after that remove that maps and update with USA and Canada maps. After that I update the software the just thing updating was a game concerning a ship and the sync a few contacts and later than that my social network work perfect. Try that possibly work for you people.

I think proxy is as well one of the cause because while I am utilizing my personal 3g in my laptop and attach my Nokia N8 using XP's internet connection sharing, I can utilize the Social applications but if I am utilizing my office or business proxy the Social applications didn't work. Possibly Nokia can drop a few light on how the Social applications work by giving information of what URL, ports occupy because a few corporate proxy don't permit ip base server and just few ports are open except we apply for access non-standard.

For my case it’s the proxy that makes this fault emerge as while I am at home the application runs like a magic! The Nokia people should've thought regarding this while developing the application. I have attempted approximately the whole thing from the resetting of the phone to the updating to the newest social application utilizing nokia software updater but the trouble at a standstill continues. If anyone finds out any way out to this please do post it here, it'll be much respected.