Thread: Nokia C7-00: Wi-Fi remains connected

Nokia C7-00: Wi-Fi remains connected

I am having Nokia C7 00 from past couple of months. Well I have noticed that the Wi-Fi connection is remain connected even I have exited the Ovi Store or even I have quitted the surfing of the internet. Well I need to turn off the connection manually. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to fix the problem of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Nokia C7-00: Wi-Fi remains connected

I am suggesting following instruction which you should use the fix problem of yours. Well you need to go for Menu and simply go for the Settings and go for the Connectivity. In connectivity option go for WLAN and go for Options and select Settings. You need to look for the scan for the Network settings and it will display the WLAN availability settings. So try the above mentioned thing and let me know about the results.

I don’t know what would be the root cause of the problem. but I want to share something which you can try and see whether it is working or not. I am suggesting that you should turn off the WLAN availability if you are really not wanted to show. Now you should scan for the network change according to requirement of yours on the basis of the specific time frame. Do the above mentioned thing I am hoping that it will help you out.

I was having the same problem which is being posted by you in this particular thread. Well after quick googling finally I have managed to solve the problem of mine. I am suggesting following steps which you can use to solve the problem of yours. you need to select the Menu and go for the Settings and select the Connectivity. Into connectivity you need to select the Settings and simply set Manual into Switch to WLAN.

In this particular problem I am having following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours. you need to go for Menu and Settings and select the Application settings. Now go for the Default Applications and simply press and hold the Browsing Internet. This particular thing will give you an option for 'Restore Default App’. After doing the same I was able to get an option for connect and Disconnect.

I have tried all the suggestion which you have provided over here. Now I am really frustrated and I am going to visit the Nokia Service Center and claiming for the service warranty. I am sure that the Nokia Service Center would definitely help me out in this situation. If any users have tried with the all the above mentioned thing then he should visit the service center to fix the problem of yours.

I have the same problem. I cannot disconnect the wifi at my office. wasting battery. Sux. should have bought iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokokai82 View Post
    I have the same problem. I cannot disconnect the wifi at my office. wasting battery. Sux. should have bought iphone.
    Have you tried going into menu/settings/connectivity/WLAN/options/settings and then look at scan for network settings and show WLAN availitbity settings and turn it off? You need to turn off the "show WLAN availabilty" if you dont want it to show.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    Have you tried going into menu/settings/connectivity/WLAN/options/settings and then look at scan for network settings and show WLAN availitbity settings and turn it off? You need to turn off the "show WLAN availabilty" if you dont want it to show.
    Thanks. The problem is more complicated than that. Whenever the connection is "on", i cant delete or edit the connection profile. And Whenever you turn "off" the connection, it will reconnect again automatically after 1sec. So, it is impossible to be fast enough to turn off the connection and then delete the profile. The only way I can shut down the wifi on the phone is to turn off my office/house modem. And then delete the connection profile. Without any connection profile, the phone will stop scanning.

Why people making such a sucky phone.