Thread: Free up C drive memory in Nokia N97

Free up C drive memory in Nokia N97

How can I free C drive memory of my Nokia N97? Currently it is screening 0 KB free in C drive regardless of the fact that the applications and media are installed on accumulation memory. Are there any temporary files which can be detached to free up space? Anyone have any idea about this? Please help me for this because it’s really annoying I can’t do anything in my mobile because of this problem.

Re: Free up C drive memory in Nokia N97

That’s really weird. Have you checked that all applications are amassed on E drive? Do you have numerous messages and mails stocked up on C drive? C is the typical storage for messages. You better alter that to E. I think that there might be an application out there that let you know what’s on C drive. The main File manager doesn't exhibit anything. If you can't get to the bottom of it, do a hard reset button wise, and after that alter message memory to E earlier than reinstalling contacts, messages, and so on. Utilize Ovi suite to back up the whole thing. Using the hardware button reset, you will get extra free space on C (65 mb), than with the *#7370#.

I have the identical trouble with my Nokia N81. It has 8 GB mass memory so I place the whole thing on the mass memory straight. I receive "memory full" and "carousel/telephone/ sysAp- not sufficient memory to execute" I can’t access the camera, clock, can’t modify the profile or modify the time and date. The phone has 30 MB of memory it says they are utilized but really they aren’t, I attempted to install a manager application but it doesn’t accept as the memory is full while actually it has not anything in exercise just blank folders which can’t be deleted. Clearing the cache memory didn’t work nor *#7780#. I even attempted the *#7370# but it did not work either.

I have set the whole thing probable to install on mass memory. I observed something like a memory reorganizer on SW update and attempted to setup it and the N-gage application. Phone told me N-gage application installation had unsuccessful, because of lack of memory. Not certain if memory reorganizer installation disastrous, no sign of this application where you recommend. After the SW update there was a 200 kb improvement int obtainable memory. But while I run SW update once more even though I at a standstill have the choice to install N-Gage, there is no symbol of the memory manager upgrade. I have definitely not established an application that can be run. Most grateful for any help.

I have attempted approximately two times if not 3 times to do the over, where I rearrange my device cleared up all the RAM and had the C drive at 50 MB as it came initially. I after that place all my messages on the E all the Ovi downloads or applications setup to E drive anything I download I save to the E drive too. On the other hand although I put the Ovi store application download aim folder to the E drive, someway it at a standstill installs its applications onto the C drive. For instance if I required to download and setup a theme or a game or a few application from Ovi I select the E drive though the application gets setup onto my C drive. The cause I say that is that while I depart to application manager I notice all the applications I just newly installed. While appearing at the C drive there are all types of files which I don't actually know what their reason is and if they are system files as well a few applications like Client Platform and such I am not certain if they are system applications that must to be there because I was tempted to begin removing the biggest files or applications but I am not certain if this will affect a few of the phone core functionalities.

If you find the error that there was a trouble accessing E: drive and the message have been saved to C: drive, this can occur if the device is linked to PC using USB in Mass Storage form. The access to E: Mass memory is after that elite for PC and the messaging application cannot access the message store on E. You necessitate unplugging the device and altering the message store reverse to E: in Messaging > Options > Settings > Other > Memory in exercise. The trouble takes place while connecting in Mass Storage mode. If there's Ovi / PC Suite already setup in PC, the trouble can be avoided by linking in PC Suite mode in place of Mass Storage mode.