Thread: Nokia X6 does not support divx video file formats

Nokia X6 does not support divx video file formats

The title says it all. Majority of the video file formats like DivX / avi. Even the mp4 files re not supported in this phone. While the files of format 3gp,3gp2,flv are easily supported in the phone. So I don’t know what’s the problem here. What should I do in such situation? Has anyone else faced this similar kind of problem? If yes then do respond in as early as possible. I have seen the manual of the phone and it is clearly specified that the file formats are indeed supported by the phone then why it is not working in my phone. So what should I do now? Can you all suggest me some immediate steps what should I do in this situation.

Re: Nokia X6 does not support divx video file formats

No you have not read it properly. It does supports 3gp,3gp2,flv and also the mp4 file format but not divx natively. So in this situation you must download the divx player from the internet so that you will get to play all the file formats like divx as well as the avi. I think this is a very simple solution and hence I think you must implement It accordingly. So go ahead and install the divx player on your mobile phone and get back to me if that solution helps you or not.

Yes divx is not at all supported by the majority of the latest phones. There are several problems associated with the divx player and one of them is infinite versions of codecs. So that makes them restrictable to a few mobile phones that are existing today. So if you want to play that file in the divx format then do better get a divx player in the phone. That will be a lot of help for you. So this is what I can suggest for you. Do work on it accordingly and I am sure that it will be helpful for you.

See if you want to play certain videos that are not supported by nokia x6 then I would advice you to convert that files to the supported file formats. I think that’s the simple solution that you can try. So do follow that suggestion. As such there are various converters available in internet these days and hence converting the files to the supported file formats is not a big task. So that’s what I am saying to you. Do convert those files to the supported file formats and I am sure it will be of good help for you.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Yes you said it correct it is best to use the converters and convert the file to the supported video file format. i will be looking out for a suitable converter in the internet and I will definitely convert those files to the supported file formats. So lets hope that everything works out very well. So thanks for your suggestions it was very informative reading all of them, so appreciate that.