Thread: Most reliable laptop brands.

Most reliable laptop brands.

Hi I have this small doubt and it will be appreciated if somebody helps me clearing it. I wanted to know why the brand of laptop matters. As everyone knows that the processors, motherboard, RAM, Hard Disks, etc are almost the same for all laptops then why does the laptop brand make so much difference? If everything other then the outer look of every laptop is same then how do we make out which laptop is good and which one is inferior one. Let me make my point clear. I am not asking for suggestions on good laptop brands, rather I am asking why laptops of certain brand make them better then the laptop of other brand.

Re: Most reliable laptop brands.

Any company is ranked based on the following few things:
    • Customer service: This is a very important factor which is responsible to build any companies status. e.g. I have always liked dell's customer support, because they are always nice and helpful . With just one call, they will come to your place and pick up the laptop and return it to you in the same day.
    • A laptop's structure, looks and hardware: How tough and powerful the laptop is. Here we normally check how particular brands laptop reacts when used roughly, whether it can perform well in various conditions or not.
    • Price:This is what every customer compare while purchasing anything. Here is where we normally check how much a specific company gives on its laptop compared to others of the same specification range.
    • Brand loyalty and image: People prefer buying a brand they like or have already used in past. While some people like to experiment with their likeness and always keep shifting between various brands. Whereas few people go for brands that looks to be better than the rest or have a reputation for being the best.

If used and taken care of in a similar manner then some laptops will surely outlast others due to their design. Design can include many things, like whether the laptop’s case is provided with good ventilation or not and what is the quality of the components used in every laptop. Almost all brands use the same general components, but there are few which prefer using different parts from different manufacturers or make of their own. We should not forget that any laptops life is also decided by how it is treated. Did any physical damage occur to the laptop? Whether the laptop is provided with proper ventilation or not? Not all brands have the same set of problems. Either they built their own batteries, RAM, Motherboard, HDD storage, chipsets, dvd drivers etc. or have their own supplier. The designs may vary.
    Brands like HP, Acer, Gateway, IBM and Dell buys the same machine and peripherals from Quanta, Wistron, Clevo and Compal. ASUS actually makes most of their own machines, thus making it most reliable in the list of branded laptops.

According to me the reliability or unreliability is not demonstrated by brands but by an individual model.
    For me IBM laptops are rock solid and it’s tech support is among the best. Even though almost all brands make up their laptops by using the same components but I suppose the chasis design and the component selection brings out the difference in their final product.Brands do matter as it is the identity of a specific service, business or service. The manufacturers have to take care of their brand names because if one brand is tagged for providing poor customer service then it is for sure customers would opt for other brands that provide better service. If any laptop meets the general requirement of having good hardware components, better pricing and good performance then it will surely be recommended in the most Reliable list of laptops.

Most of the laptops fail and start performing badly after few years of use, usual after three years. Consumers always ask “Should I get a HP or a Dell”. If you know which brands you can trust on to deliver a particular requirement you are looking for then searching for the perfect laptop becomes easier. Rating for laptops reliability will differ between brands. An inexpensive laptop from HP will look like a good deal but it might happen that it will be experiencing more failures than the laptops of other brands like ASUS or Toshiba. By now you should understand that laptops are normally unreliable, but not that unreliable that you should purchase a third party warranty. Finally, Netbooks can prove to be less reliable than the normal laptops as they are more vulnerable to accidents as they are not built to withstand bumps and lumps.

Everybody have their own way to look at what they need in the laptop. I look for the following:
    • As we look at the screen of the laptop all the time, so I prefer it to be the best and reliable, as I don’t want to spoil my eyes.
    • The keyboard and the touchpad is used all the time so these should also be good and reliable while you use it.
    • As you carry your laptop everywhere, it is better if it weighs light.
    • Everyone likes the battery of the laptop to be long lasting and reliable.
    • Price is always an important factor while you are purchasing your laptop. I prefer to get a good quality product even if I have to pay a bit more.