Thread: My canon XS digital camera shows memory write protected and the card is locked

My canon XS digital camera shows memory write protected and the card is locked

Hello is there anyone who can help me, I just recently bought Canon XS camera, but I don’t know why when I insert memory card in it, it always shows that the card is write protected. I tried to change the memory card but with every different memory card it is showing same error.please help me I have stuck within it, if possible then please help me I am waiting for your reply, thanks a lot in advance.

Re: My canon XS digital camera shows memory write protected and the card is locked

Hi I have seen your post it is very normal and small issue you just try to do one thing, buy a new card reader or you already have it, then connect it with your system, there are some possibilities that the card may be corrupted or try to recover the images from your camera. If it is not working for you then try some official web site for it.

Re: My canon XS digital camera shows memory write protected and the card is locked

Hey that’s fine; it is the most common issue in memory cards. Even I had a similar issue; I have fixed it by doing a firmware update. So I suggest you is just try to update your firmware and see your problem is getting solved or not. But keep in mind that the update which you are doing is latest firmware update, after completing the firmware update takes one step ahead to format memory card, hopefully your problem must be solved. All the best.

If your problem is not getting solved by formatting and updating firmware, then as per my suggestion check for the lock button of your memory card then too it’s not working then there must be some problem with your camera. Just try to follow some steps like go to camera settings and then restore all settings to default settings. If still it is not working then try to remove battery from camera leave till 3 to 4 hours, and then again start camera and see what happens whether it is working properly or not.