Thread: Unable to send Mail from Nokia N8

Unable to send Mail from Nokia N8

Hi I am using Nokia N8 mobile phone from a while now. I am having some issues problem with the e-mail application which came along with the phone. When I wish to log in to my account, I press start and write my E-mail Id and the password. But I am unable to login. I am just receiving “mail for exchange” error message and it closes. I am unable to detect what would have caused this problem as I am unable to recognize any problems with my mobile. Does anyone know what must be the reason and what should be done to overcome it? Please help me.

Re: Unable to send Mail from Nokia N8

Check if the internet connection is available. Contact your service provider for WAP settings in your mobile. And as the problem started all of a sudden, I would suggest you to delete your current mail boxes and set new one again. To remove the mailboxes go to: settings > Phone > Mail > choose mailbox to delete and long press it then select delete mailbox. Once you done deleting all your mailboxes, you should start making new ones. I would highly recommend you to try the Mobile Documents from Nokia Beta Labs. It is simple to use, very light on data and easy to set up !!

You should probably set e-mail account in Nokia N8 by following these steps,
    • Photo setup > Setup Mail > Start.
    • Choose the e-mail account you wish to set up.
    • Enter the e-mail address and password for your selected e-mail service provider.
    • Once you accept the Terms of Service of the service provider, Nokia N8 will automatically configure the server settings
    Users of the Nokia N8 who don’t have any e-mail account can easily set one up new one’s by using free service of Nokia OVI e-mail service.

Ypu can setup your Email in Nokia N8 by foing the following.
    • Select Menu > Applications > Mail.
    • Select New, and follow the instructions.
    • If you wish to get a free OVI Mail account from Nokia, then select OVI Mail and Sign up now.

How To Send Email With Nokia N8
    • Select Menu > Applications > Mail.
    • Select the write message icon
    • To add a recipient from your contacts list, select the To, Cc, or Bcc icon. To enter a mail address manually, select the To, Cc, or Bcc field.
    • To add an attachment to the mail, select attachment icon
    • To send the mail, select send mail icon

I also faced this problem and it was solved after I installed this application called "S60's Email Beta" from Beta Labs in my Nokia N8 and then again uninstalled it. Please remember to reboot your mobile after installing and uninstalling “S60’s Email beta”. The S60’s Email Beta icon is also displayed in the app menu. Don’t confuse the original email icon with one we installed just now. Finally to uninstall go to the following path: go: menu > apps > options > organize > hold on Email(not Mail)icon > delete.
    Once you follow these procedures, you Email server will start showing the Email servers on the original Email app.

It was very kind of you guys to stop by my thread and give me those suggestions. They were really helpful. Just because of you people I am able to use the e-mail service in my Nokia N8 mobile phone that to without any more trouble. I am just loving the Nokia OVI e-mail service and enjoying it to the fullest. I never knew that it was so much easier to set up an account and starting the WAP service in our mobile is possible by making just one call to the service provider. Must say Nokia N8 is amazing, truly a smartphone.