Thread: N8 internet priority settings automatically changes to GPRS or 3G

N8 internet priority settings automatically changes to GPRS or 3G

I had N97, that was the best phone I ever had I had no issue with that phone. Last month I purchased N8, I heard a lot about this phone I was really very excited to use it, I surf on internet 24x7 and the problem is with the internet section of N8. I have many WLAN connections settings on my phone for college, home, food court and friend’s place etc. but the problem is even I set these WLAN connections in priority level, internet starts in GPRS or 3G settings only. I had done complete reset but yet getting the same annoying problem. Please help me out.

Re: N8 internet priority settings automatically changes to GPRS or 3G

Dude even I have the same handset I never checked for such settings, I have very basic and easy solution for you. Just set your access point to “always ask” as we do while connecting to the PC, in which mode we want to connect we normally set it to always ask. I know this is not the correct solution for your problem but at least this will at least stop irritating because every time you have to exist from your application to change the settings.

Yeah that is very basic thing but yes very effective to, even I always set it to “always ask” mode because it gives you the option and accordingly you can select the proper access point may you mostly use WAN but when you want use 3G you have to go to settings and then you have to change the access point. But still I have one more solution for you under the destinations, search the WLAN APN and look the last item ”Use access point” and set it auto. Just try it.

Well I don’t have the N8 but I had Nokia hand set in past and I was facing the same problem, I had the Vodafone connection at that time so what I did was I changed the settings so that phone doesn’t set access point to the 3G or to the GPRS. You can also give it a try Open the access point in your service providers account in my case it was Vodafone and then scroll down till the last item “use access point” And set it to “After confirmation” so now your phone has to grant your permission to access GPRS or 3G. Hope this will work for you, Best of luck.

Hey mate I think if you would try out these above solution one of them will definitely work for you. I had the same problem in my N97 which you were using previously. I called the support guy and they told me that one of the Access point in my handset which is configured in “Destinations/Internet” became the default one. In your case you just hold the thumb on “Internet” and then it will show some options and select make this whole folder default again. I am sure one of these solutions will definitely work for you.

That’s so nice of you guys, I haven’t any reply on the Nokia forums yet but here so many effective replies quite amazed to see this. I guys are really amazing, I tried the only first solution to set Access point to “always ask” and it’s working for me, but I want to thank each and every one of you, who have taken part in this post. Without you are help guys I wouldn’t be able to solve this problem even Nokia support guys weren’t able to solve this query on phone. So thank you guys to help me out.