Thread: LED of MSI 785GM-P45 emitting noise

LED of MSI 785GM-P45 emitting noise

I have recently upgraded to MIS 785GM-P45 motherboard in my system, It works really very well for me except one problem on the motherboard there are three blue LED’s on the motherboard and these all three LED’s emits very high frequency noise when they flash, I don’t think these LED’s have any use on this motherboard because there is useless description about the LED’s in the motherboard manual. I don’t how to cope up with this problem. I need your help guys If I turned off the flashing of LED’s then maybe there will no noise so there any way to turn them off. Or it’s due to PSU i.e power supply unit issue. Please guys hemlp me out, thanks in advance.My system specification is as follows:- Windows Vista, MSI 785GM-P45, AMD phenom II X4 B60 BE(unlocked from X2 560 BE),Kingston 2X2G KHX1600C9AD3K2/4G Retail, seagate 1T 7200rpm, Galaxy GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR2 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card, CoolMax V-500 500W

Re: LED of MSI 785GM-P45 emitting noise

I am totally agree with even I don’t think that LED’s have some major use on the mother board. LED’s are used on the motherboard to show the exactly what number of PWM i.e power width modulation phases are used by the running system. But dude I don’t think that noide is because of flashing of LED’s. I think it’s because of the power phases, and LED’s are just indicating that particular Pwer phase is in action, so even if you turn them off there will be same noise.

Hey I had exactly the same problem with my motherboard. So I had searched through the websites and forums but did not found any solution but I found that these problem is not that un usual it happens with many motherboards, I changed 2 MSI motherboards but it did not solved my problem, but when I tried the Gigabyte motherboard there was no noise. I don’t know much about these stuffs so I can’t tell you what went wrong with MSI motherboard but this can be a solution for you. Best of luck.

In my point of view as you have upgraded your system or motherboard, your previous processor were must be using less power as compared to the your transformed processor, I have 560 it’s a 2 cores, a TDP(Thermal design power) and 3.3 Ghz it produces 80W and 785GM supports 100W. And I think your motherboard able to supply power for some time but after some time it fails to supply the power, and may you are getting that noise because of that reason.

I think this problem is not unusual many of us having the same problem. Even I am hearing same annoying noise. Firstly I thought it’s due to some defective PSU so I changed several PSU but the problem so still there. Noise was from blue APS LED. I found that noise is from the things related to the blue APS LED. And after that I turned off the APS and guess what the annoying noise was gone, finally I was able to work on my PC peacefully. Dude just give it a try.

You guys are so quick I can’t believe this, I haven’t a single reply on other famous forums and sites. It seems people here are very active and knowledgeable too, well with the help of yours I am able to deal with my problem. Actually it was the APS problem I just turned it off and the noise has gone completely, as we don’t use automatic protective switching (APS) we can turn it off, and can do some things manually at least we won’t get the noise. So thank you guys, hats off to all of you,