Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898: Video drivers for Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898: Video drivers for Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M

Here I have Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898 and Nvidia video drivers continue to progress, but we are wedged with dreadfully old Toshiba iterations (why cannot Toshiba upgrade)? "It would be especially unwise to try to install the Nvidia supplies on its website for the GTX 460M? Anyone have any idea about this? I try to find out this solution for this but cannot get any way out solution. If anybody here gets any information on this than, please provide me.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898: Video drivers for Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M

I have Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898 with the GTX460 and Nvidia drivers on their website says something to the extent of "not recognizing the video card" and drivers would not install. I bought it was nevertheless a "gaming laptop" and because the drivers out of date is just a big paper weight. Someone here said he wanted to utilize Windows 7 Ultimate and it seemed that the new Nvidia drivers (266.58) to install. I am willing to go buy the upgrade, but want to make sure it will work before you spend more money. Could build a decent tower for the price of this laptop that does not live for "portable gaming" of performance.

I tried updating the drivers from GeForce site. The same problem, if I go to the Nvidia or GeForce website I can get two options.
    1. An auto Spots - Toshiba needs you to download the driver for the GPU to its support site.
    2. 2 Manual search of the driver – Windows 7, GTX460. Download file, enlarge it, and click Settings, by checking the system. "Setup cannot persist. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

I have the X505-896 and I installed the drivers yesterday and then played all the games on this laptop now (Dead Space 2, Dragon Age, Ultimate Edition and uniqueness Origins tried so far) and had no problems at all, and have also reset a bunch of times and closed the lid, nothing, etc, I decided to launch the laptop off. I am also running Windows Home Premium 64 bit SP1. I can install Crysis tonight and see how it goes from Crysis 2 is nearing the end of the month and my desktop is still torn although I probably have to work again soon. I've been playing the games I mentioned at the highest point, so I want to see Crysis on this laptop makes and even the top of a scenario that might play without any interference. Good luck on getting the 265.77 drivers works for you. I wonder what difference that makes it work in some and not everyone else running the exact same graphics card?

I have no trouble with my Qosmio X505-Q898 and works well with the old drivers; I favor to keep up with the latest deals. I have at all times liked my Toshiba and I personally have not at all had any genuine trouble. I'm a little annoyed by the lack of attention. The driver on the Toshiba website for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 259.12 is the version that from what can be found on the NVIDIA website was released on 08/02/2010 and Toshiba's website. If you search for beta drivers for NVIDIA GeForce filed 460M that lists the final 4 drivers. Once more, the four drivers again. Four months before was released. The story stops there.

The driver we use is the next day of August previous year. Today, the end of February and March is subsequent week. Our driver is concerning to be 8 months old. The latest version of the NVIDIA driver is a month and a half. The oldest driver in the history will be made four and a half months old. Toshiba has the driver is not modernized on the same at least four and a half months as the release after it is available. (Possibly more, I'm not sure which version was published after our 259.12 version.) If you have the newest version of the NVIDIA driver setup x64 Windows 7 will not attempt. If the driver for a different model on the Toshiba website, which is maybe unbalanced.