Thread: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 keyboard not working

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 keyboard not working

I have an A665-s6057 laptop with a spacebar flashing repaired Depot was having a very hard to duplicate since January 30, 2011. With a doubling time of the issue and replaced the keyboard on the new second ship, but replaces it with a faulty keyboard. Therefore, it is now April 7, 2011 and must return, this time not in the mainstream of repair. I have been a few big buttons, and will continue. I hope it will be worthwhile for some of you over time. Anyone have any idea about this?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 keyboard not working

I have a Toshiba A665-S6094 purchased at Best Buy. Actually, this is the second because the first had a recurring problem of blocking, but a little random (i.e. unpredictable). No BSOD, but total blockade instant. This has a similar shape intermittent (i.e., unpredictable) keyboard problem. First, he realized the space bar sometimes no separation when tapped. While this has not happened yet as I write this, I can and leave it as is, if you do and I notice it. However, other keys also appear to be doing the same only in recent days. Is this a known problem with these keyboards? If so, is it software or hardware, and how I can fix it?

The hard drive sensor to create the illusion of blocks. The sensitivity may be rejected. I firmly believe that there is a keyboard problem inherent in the design. If you look at a backlit KB, keys a little rock everywhere, the KB in my unit only travels straight. The space bar first was about 1% failed when pushed from the top, but 100% failures when it is pushed across the front edge of the spacebar. Basically, put an index finger about 1 / 8 "of the nail and focused. With the Windows program Notepad: WIFI, the approach of the front bar area with your finger at an angle of 45 degrees and play in various positions at the front edge. The second replaces KB had a sweet spot near the front right corner. Very difficult to find.

I have a same trouble with my A665-s6086. Space does not hit more than 25% of the time. The similar trouble with the arrow keys. What a haul, you will not at all purchase Toshiba. I am sure that is not worth a warranty service center because it will possibly cost me money to ship it back to them and then there's a good chance to make the repair myself to pay more postage, or unable, To duplicate the problem and I will ruin the money for the free shipping service.

Safe shipping is free. I sent over a picture of Day 2. It gets left behind or picked up by UPS. It gets sent back the second day and second day. For reference, a backlit KB is concerning $90 and a usual KB about $60. It would take below 20 minutes to do it yourself. The problem I see is getting bad. Search for the key does not work. It will probably be around the edges. Check to see if the key bit of rock around all edges. You should be able to discover the key to press to fail 100% of the time with the mark of an arrow or a triangle cut from a sticker. You do not have to send the hard disk adapter, or battery.

I just got the new keyboard, K000101220 Pt #. It looks like the original, but has a little over 4 pins in it I guess to the back lite. And assumed that there is no connector in the S6094 forum I can see. Replacing that they have solved the problems of KB, but not being able to use the Lite again is driving me crazy, as the KB is capable. I was thinking or trying to make a small adapter to take advantage of the light circuit connector touchpad and keyboard lighting power with that? You would think that Toshiba will have left that option open for a customer to upgrade to. Apart from that I love the machine.