Thread: Toshiba L305 Stuck on the First BIOS Screen

Toshiba L305 Stuck on the First BIOS Screen

Hi, I am having a Toshiba L305 laptop with windows 7 operating system installed in it. I am having a problem when I try to power on the laptop. The system is unable to boot and stops after the Toshiba logo appears on the screen. It is unable to boot further. All the lights in the laptop are working fine. The HDD light blinks continuously for some time and then turns off. It seems as if no activity is going on in the hard disk. Can anybody tell me what the problem is. Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Toshiba L305 Stuck on the First BIOS Screen

Your laptop is not able to boot so it is unable to start the windows. First of all you switch off the laptop. Unplug the AC adapter and then remove the battery. Press the power on button and hold it by pressing for 30 seconds. Now put back the battery and then switch on the power. As soon as you see the Toshiba logos on the screen press F2. This will take you to the BIOS setup. Now press F9 to restore BIOS set up default and then press F10 to save the changes and exit. I hope this will solve your problem.

Your laptop is unable to boot itself. Sometimes it happens if any of the system32 file is deleted or corrupted. Insert a bootable Cd in the Cd Rom drive and see if the system is able to boot. If you are not allowed to boot from the Cd then press F8 to enter into the advanced boot option menu and here you can enable the option to boot from Cd. If the booting action do not take place then perform repair action from the recovery disk

If the laptop is not able to boot itself then try to boot it from the bootable Cd. Check for the RAM if the RAMs installed are working properly. Sometimes you may face booting problem if there is any problem with the RAM. Remove one of the RAM and check if it shows any difference. If there is any problem in RAM module then replace it with the new one.

If the system is unable to boot from Cd then check the Cd with another System. See if the other computer is able to read the Cd .If there is any problem with the bootable Cd then get a new boot Cd. You can also format the laptop and reset it to factory settings. After the format action you will get rid of the problem.