Thread: Toshiba Satellite M200 is not working on AC power.

Toshiba Satellite M200 is not working on AC power.

I brought Toshiba Satellite M200 few months back and within few months it has started giving me problems. I am unable to start my laptop by using a AC power in Normal mode. Whenever I connect my laptop to the AC power and start the computer, the screen goes blank or ‘scratchy’. But it works perfectly fine when I am running my system by using battery power. What could be the reason behind the problem? Does any know? Please help me to get rid of this problem. It is irritating now.

Re: Toshiba Satellite M200 is not working on AC power.

As you said the trouble arises only after connecting to the AC power, so there is a possibility that there is a problem with the power adapter. Try starting your laptop after connecting to another Power adapter. Check if the problem still exists or not. Sometimes the problem arises if there is a lot of dust and dirt accumulation near your fan/exhaust port. So I would suggest you to clean all these debris. Also remove the battery and clean it. Hope it solves your problem.

I also faced this problem sometimes back and this temporary solution helped me to get rid of the problem.
    • Click on Start and then follow to Toshiba > Utilities.
    • Select HWSetup. A new window will appear.
    • Click on the CPU tab. Go to the Dynamic CPU Frequency Mode and change it to “Always Low“.
    • Restart your system when recommended.

You should also disable the hibernate feature, so that the problem does not occurs when the laptop comes back from a hibernate mode.
    This helped me out. Hope it does the trick for you.

I would suggest you to start your laptop in safe mode and check if the problem exists while running in safe mode. If the laptop is working fine in safe mode then probably there is a fault in your hardware or some drivers. You should update your drivers to the latest available version and check if the problem still exists. You should also update the Bios to the latest available version. Please update all the drivers and bios from their respective official website.

You recently brought your laptop. What are you waiting for? You should probably contact the nearest Toshiba Care center and claim your warranty as you recently brought your laptop and it is for sure that it is still within warranty. Or contact the retailer from whom you purchased your laptop and claim your warranty from him. I strongly feel there must be some hardware defect in your laptop, which is why all these problems have started. You can either get your laptop replaced or repaired.