Thread: Dell Inspiron 530: Video Card Upgrade

Dell Inspiron 530: Video Card Upgrade

I just required to distribute this information that I have newly added a video card to my dell laptop which is running on windows vista and I have also 4 GB of RAM. And after searching a lot I choose the EVGA 220 GT along with 1 GB of DDR3, 300W of power supply requires for this. So I uninstall the software and put the new card in, and also in this I have changed a graphics card setting in my BIOS, and after that I have installed the drivers for it also, and then it starts working without any kind of issue. And by the way that is not a factor, it turns out. The EVGA 220 GT is an inexpensive, compact card along with low power supplies. And while playing the WOW of 4.0 patch I am able to get framerate around 60 fps.

Re: Dell Inspiron 530: Video Card Upgrade

Hey are you really serious? Actually the 530 ships along with a 280-285watt psu that card is below average for DELL PSU. And as much I know so you have you have many other options. So I think regarding that you have to post the thread about the same. At the initial stage a Dell 300watt psu is a quite goos, it's like a 350watt psu. It’s been established. And if you want then you can go for the GT240 ddr5 512mb and 1GB versions. SO I think you should try this I am sure that it will help you in order to get rid from this issue.

I agree with the reply which is given by the above user. I have a 530 along with the stock PSU but I initially ordered it along with a video card just for my onboard graphics. Sorry, I am not able to remember what the card is that but it's not that much fantastic and regarding that I am sure. Anyway, I also desire to upgrade the card and desire to be able to run Divx11. I expect having to improve the PSU. So regarding the same I just want to that what would you guys recommend me over here for a video card? I believe I'm more or less restricted to PCI express16 cards or at least the connection concert. And I really appreciate your replies and wanted to say thanks for the quick reply from your side.

Oh so here you want upgrade your psu and video card. But in this you can also keep the same PSU and just upgrade your video card? There is one more option for which you will be able to try. And also here I want to know other specification of your system and intended usage. Why you are going for this do you want to play the high quality game on the same. Reply me on the same as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Recently I am making use of the Intel duo core. And I have 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB of hard disk. And I really play some nice game on this without any kind of issue. I also have a brand new studio XPS for anything serious. And no I do not want to update only video card I will go for up gradation for both. And related to the same I have also searched a lot and for the same I will refer for the module PSU. I wish I was able to keep in mind what the video card that is in there at the present but I am at work and can't check. And by the way I just want to thank you guys for your respond.