Thread: Toshiba Satellite C650 often slows down

Toshiba Satellite C650 often slows down

The PC functioned quite normally until the day he has slowed considerably. Clearly, everything works well but very slowly. For example, when I run a divx vlc video ax about every 5 seconds and eventually stabilize. This ax also read mp3 Or when I type in Word, everything freezes while I continue typing, then I have 30 characters who lack arriving after 5 seconds of a shot. On chrome, the logo turning page load freezes at times and the pages are two weights to arrive. I have tried lot of things to solve this issue but no help then finally, I start again with a test drive HDTune and I say, well I'll put in agony to see if I do not fart a blue screen, I open firefox, vlc and hop I run a video. And: it does not grind. Everything works as it should! I run another video but the same issue again. Please help me in this case. The below mention is the configuration of the system that I have.
    • Toshiba Satellite C650
    • Pentium Dual-Core T4500 2.3GHz 2x
    • 4GB ram
    • Integrated Intel graphics with shared memory
    • Toshiba HDD 320GB SATA
    • Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Re: Toshiba Satellite C650 often slows down

First point to watch, if you do not have unnecessary processes running in the background rather Process Explorer uses the task manager for the same. Another point to look at the rest, the disk activity. For this you can use tools from Microsoft in the same vein as Process Explorer. Is your drive is a peculiar sound unusual. In case it will be the hard disk controller that is being let go, if you can afford it, it might be wise to buy a new hard drive and have it over a full copy of your disk .And at worst, if ultimately it does not come from the disc, you could always mount the external disk drive additional.

Well the error which is mentioned I guess that there is something to deal with the hard disk and the noise you described which you got it on a disk that is dead and there it does not. Scratch disk from time to time, is the natural sound. However noise looks continuously except when HDTune works. But I'm not sure about that. So what I want you to just consult the Toshiba officials and then let them know the problem faced by you and the see whether they are cooperating with you and if you will ask me then they will definitely solve your case.

With Process Explorer, etc the only activity on the disk I have is the log ntfs, then nothing abnormal. If not process started, I checked everything and re-verified, there is nothing wrong with either. In my opinion, the problem does not come from a resident program, otherwise the use of HDTune not change anything. In fact, it seems that the hard disk is requested, the better it works. We also tested to play divx via usb and there is no problem in this case, it works well. Can I test the disk drive or controller? Maybe the driver of the controller is not good?

The drive is dying, that's for sure. You will not find anything normally with diagnostic tools because it does not affect data stored on disk. Is simply put the motor controller and read heads one of 2 main chips that are on the electronic map of the disk that is being let go. Basically the noise you hear is the heads of readings that make the wiper between the disk platters, the clicked-clack when the heads come to a stop is significant. This problem will become even more acute normally until the disk is completely unusable. You can try the warranty, stating clearly the odd noise typical of the wiper and indicating that you cause system errors without altering data. You can also try in parallel to buy another disk, if you do not. At worst, it will serve you to replace this one, at best if the guarantee works, you can buy an external vacuum lame to put the disk in, you will like this external drive.

As I still could not solve the problem, I took my troubles patiently to backup everything on another PC via network and is a relocation of the laptop. Result the strange noise is still there, it works a bit better since the install is cool but level off in the videos etc. no change. So although the hard disk that is being die. I tried the scandisk, it never finds anything and it makes no difference. We will try to pass it under warranty but it may be seen that it works hard and shows no error. What is the advise for me in this situation please help.