Thread: Getting blue screen on Toshiba Portege R700-P35

Getting blue screen on Toshiba Portege R700-P35

Well currently I am having Toshiba Portege R700-P35. It was working fine from past couple of months. Recently I am getting very annoying problem and I want to solve the same by any mean. Well I am getting blue screen while using the laptop of mine. already I have got 2 Blue screen within a week. So I am little bit worried about the laptop of mine. let me what might be the root cause of the problem. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting blue screen on Toshiba Portege R700-P35

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I want to ask certain question to you so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? From when you are getting the blue screen on the computer? Do you have done any software changes on the computer? can you provide the dump file of the same so that I can have a look on it and find out the root cause of the problem. Let me know the answers of the above motioned thing as early as possible.

In this particular situation you need to try to run check disk on the computer. you should run the command by using the administrative privileges. This particular command will perform an analysis on the disk and simply return the status message which would return the problem which has been encountered. It will not help you to repair the problem however it will help you to get the repair error on the computer. You should click on the Start button and go for run and enter CMD and press enter where you should copy paste the following command.
    Code:
    chkdsk /f C:

I am highly suspecting that this particular problem is being happening due to RAM which you have installed on the laptop of yours. well you need to use the Memory Diagnostics Tools. If you wanted to use the Memory Diagnostic Tool on the computer then use the following instructions.
    1. You should click on the Start button and go for Control Panel.
    2. In the search box you should enter Memory and click on the Diagnose your computer’s memory problems.
    3. In case it is prompted for the Administrative password then simply enter the same and run the tool on the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that this problem is occurring due to the BIOS issue. Well according to me you need to update the BIOS for the motherboard which is installed on the computer. you should go for the official website of the device manufacturer and download and install the BIOS updates on the computer of yours. make sure that you should restart the computer after installing the BIOS on the computer of yours.

I have seen number of cases where the system process might be conflicting and causing the Blue screen on the system. In this situation you need to clean boot the computer. in the process of clean boot you need to find out the process which is causing conflict and disable the same so that it could not cause conflict. Once you have disable the process you can return to the normal startup on the computer. I am hoping that clean boot will help you to fix the matter of yours.

I am suggesting couple of thing which you can apply to fix the problem of yours. first of all you should try to run a virus scan on the computer using a good antivirus program. If antivirus software does not seems to help you out then you should go for the repairing for the windows. In case the repairing the windows did not working then you need to reinstall the operating system on the computer of yours. let me know if any of the above mentioned solution will help you to fix the problem.