Thread: My Toshiba Mini NB205 net book does not boot.

My Toshiba Mini NB205 net book does not boot.

I got a new Toshiba Mini NB205 and initially I was not having any problems with it but now suddenly I have started to face some problems with it. The issue is that Toshiba Mini NB 205 netbook does not boot properly. The light for the power button does light up and I can hear the computers fan go on but after that nothing happens. The display is blank and there is nothing on the screen, not even a back light. So can you tell me a solution to this issue. Please do reply to this issue immediately.

Re: My Toshiba Mini NB205 net book does not boot.

I just had a look at the problem that you are facing and would like to tell you that this problem can be due to the OS issue as well. But I guess that if you are getting nothing on the screen at all then there must be really some issue. Also when you press the power button does the hard drive LED show any kind of activity? Also have you checked the activity of the fan? What does the fan do? Does the fan spin up and then spin back down or does it stay running on boot? Please do reply to these questions immediately.

Even I am having a Toshiba Mini NB205 net book but I didn’t face from such kind of issue as yet. I would tell you that from my experience with the NB, the fan will come on at full power for a second or two after pressing the power button and then it will only spin back down right after that. Also you can check all the LED indicators on the front to see if anything unusual is happening. Also I would tell you that if you are getting something on the screen but you are facing with the OS conflict on boot then I would recommend you that you should restore partition and you need to start from scratch again.

Thanks for your replies. I just went through the solutions that have mentioned here and would tell you that I am not having any OS issues. What happened is I was just dual booting because I was not sure why it wasn't starting. Also I had a look at the fan and I am very much sure that the fan goes at full speed for 3-5 sec and after that it just slows down. Also I would tell you that I tried starting the machine by using the battery alone but even that didn’t help me at all.

I would tell you that you can try one more solution to this issue. What you can do is that you can try booting it up and let it just happen for a few minutes and see if the storage light is active or not. So you need to remember that it would be consistent with a timeout selection of OS. And this will take place when the during the dual boot option. So what happens is that the unit will select the first option highlighted within a certain amount of time.