Thread: Will the dual screen laptops be a hit in the main stream market?

Will the dual screen laptops be a hit in the main stream market?

I just had a look at a particular website which mentioned about the dual screen laptops and I must say that it is an interesting idea to launch the dual screen laptops in the market and it certainly looks to appeal a lot for the Indian audience. So what does it have to be a big hit in the market? Do you all have any idea what are the factors does it possess so that it could be a big hit in the market? Any ideas anyone then do let me know about it.

Re: Will the dual screen laptops be a hit in the main stream market?

The concept of the dual screen has been in the mind of the manufacturers from quite some time and I must say that a leading manufacturer of laptops named Toshiba did launch a dual screen laptop named Libretto W100. With the price tag it was been launched at $1,999. I must say that it would have not been a big hit in the market. It can only be appreciated as a technological innovation and not a main stream market leader. However after sometime acer just launched its Iconia 6120. It is priced at $1,199. The product is still yet to be reviewed and let’s keep our finger crossed to see what happens next.

I have seen the Iconia 6120 and I must say that it looks pretty cool it uses a touch control ecosystem and I think that’s a pretty interesting thing instead of the dual touch screen. That’s a pretty smart thing done by the acer people and the main factor is the weight of the laptop. The weight of the laptop is quite high weighs around 2.7 kg which is quite high but if we look at the screen of the laptop .the screen is quite big reaching around 14” screen, I think all these factors will contribute and the people will get to see something new from the laptop. So I think it would be a big hit in the market.

I definitely disagree with the above user and I think all these factors will not contribute much. The keyboards and the mouse will be disappearing to be replaced by the touch centric screens I think people will be taking some time to get it adjusted to the people and plus with so much weight and the total cost it looks to be too pricey for me. The future of the laptop does looks dim to me and hence it will have to strive on the market to make a name of itself. So this is my opinion on this topic.

Ok, nice to see a good amount of response that I am getting from everyone. Well it is great that everybody were interested on that topic and even I am of the opinion that the dual screen laptops would not be a big name in the market and hence that’s what I have to say here. I hope everybody will join on this debate and will voice out their opinions expecting some good response here.