Thread: Information about Revue files support

Information about Revue files support

I have seen in many of the review that the revue just support many of the files and the containers which will help I playing the high definition which has the pixel of about 1080P in the video, I have also noticed that it also support the MKV file which is present in video format, I feel that since all the revue that is been present in the format is been supported by the format then it is possible that it can support the sized USB connected to the HDD either directly connected to the revue or which is accessible in the local network with the help of the shared files and folders. If all this is correct then is the revue only going to support around 40 GB USB drive, because if this is the case then it is really hard to believe because some of the HD rips are around 40Gbs, so if this is the case then how it is going to support the USB drivers if revue is only supporting 40GB size.

Re: Information about Revue files support

I think that the information that you have in your mind is somehow correct and in some of the case it is not, I think that you are confused about the connection and the memory issue in the Revue, I have seen that the revue actually does support the USB drive up to 895 GB in it, but because of the various file format present in it like FAT, FAT16, and FAT32 the size of the memory is been reduced to a great extend, also I have seen that the memory is been reduced while you are connected with an android platform in it. So as the file system and the platform that are been used in the computer of yours then based on that the memory will be used but the revue.

Hi thanks for the reply that you have given me, but I am in little confusion about the answer that you have provided in it, as you had said in the answer that the Fat32 support more than 800 GB and it only support that file system only. But how it is possible in that , also the doubt in my mind is how you can partition the drive when you have an Fat 32 file system over 40 GB in it. So are you trying to say that is there any of the flash present in it which is helping in getting these thing to be done in a proper format, or else it is able to connect the External hard drive in it which will help in doing the following steps.

Hi there, I just came through this thing and I just want to know something and also like to clear my doubt regarding some of the doubt that is present with me, I have heard about the Google tv a lot from the internet and also from my friends that some of the time use this thing, but when I ask them any of the query to them regarding Google TV they are unable to solve the query, so I just wanted to ask that how do Google TV works does it, also the query is that does it stream your files from the internet directly to the computer, is the function of the Google TV as same as the Boxee does, please help me in getting this thing done in a right manner.

I think the Google TV will not directly sent the stream to the computer of yours because it is has some of the problem in it which cannot be interpreted with the computer present in it, but there is some way which will help you in getting the stream in the computer which will help you in getting the stream to be played on the computer of yours, the DLNA server which is present will help you in getting the program to be played in the computer, but also all the thing will not help in playing the service that you will be finding in the streams

Thank you guys, I just went through all the post that is been displayed here, also this helped me a lot in gaining the information that is been required in the development and also the proper working of the device as such, but the thing is the information that is been provided here is not updated or you people are not aware about the new information that is been present here, when I was going through the internet regarding the services and the information that was provided here, I had seen that the revue now supports the hard drive which is up to 2 TB, hence this is the thing which is newly developed and also been updated and the file system that is been developed is FAT, FAT 32, NTFS but I am not sure that how will this work in the pc as this is the new technology that is present recently.