Thread: Not able to Nintendo 3DS Wifi Settings to DS mode

Not able to Nintendo 3DS Wifi Settings to DS mode

I need some help with the wifi setup of the gaming console. I am not able to connect the same to DS Mode. What to do here if the gaming device is not able to run in the wifi environment. I just want to join some friends which is not working at all. I am trying to configure my Wi-Fi, I wrote that the encryption mode is not compatible. I had read the manuals and did all the settings with that. But still there is very less development in that. Does this simply means that the wireless and Nintendo Wi-Fi were not exactly the same things. Is there any other model for that.

Re: Not able to Nintendo 3DS Wifi Settings to DS mode

The latest hand held console from Nintendo has a 3D display is also provided as the previous version of Wi-Fi. But the peculiarity of this new version is to have a button that allows you to enable or disable Wi-Fi. Wifi setup is different in that mode 3DS DS mode. The 3DS can connect with WPA and the same does not have a support for the DS before. And you know that only those games work which supports the wifi connection support. The games which you might be trying to play might not be compatible WPA.

First enable your wifi and then connect your console in Wifi. You must see that your console must successfully accept the connection or else nothing will work there. It just work just by enabling the wifi. You can then add any friends in that via your internet or play just Street Fighter online. The wifi is a hassle free job and you do need much help on that. If still it is not working then just check the same on a hotspot. A hotspot is a free internet usage area where you can try to create a connection.

Everything is in the console settings. There are two configurations which you can try. The first is for playing older DS games which is called as WEP. And the second one for playing Nintendo 3DS which is called a WPA. It is for games, updates, friends chatting, etc. So you can as per your choice configured to WEP but WPA. In the the WPA is the most secure one. Nintendo 3DS also has a web browser that can let you to view websites and download games. Just check which mode you are trying to connect.

It is not true that WiFi hotspot Setting in the Nintendo 3DS is simple. I found a bit hard to time to set the same. But if everything is fine then this is a work of some minutes. Setting up Wi-Fi can been done just in few seconds. The console allows configuration WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) in quick steps. You just need to press a single button for that and within a few seconds on Wi-Fi you can see a LED flashes which means the console is connected. At this point the console starts to search for an access point and all configuration is just automatic. You must retry once.

You are aware that Nintendo 3DS has better compatibility at security keys. I have a livebox at my place and at fist I was not able to connect to my Nintendo 3DS unless I checked some steps on backwards compatibility. Before that I had never managed to connect my DS to my livebox. This can be due to the changes made in the consoles. Comparing to older one new is much better. There are all things set automatically all you need is the most compatible hardware for that. Also check your router settings. It must be like this Console Settings > Internet settings > Connecting Nintendo DS > OK.