Thread: How to delete Dell laser Printer in windows XP

How to delete Dell laser Printer in windows XP

Hello, I have shared one printer in the LAN. In LAN there is 5 computer presents. Whenever I have tried to print some text message using this printer then they will show the error message. So after that I will try to delete this printer into LAN and add another printer into the LAN. But, whenever I have trying to delete this printer into the LAN in that case the printer is not deleted. I have worked on Windows XP Operating System Service Pack 2. So can anybody help me?

Re: How to delete Dell laser Printer in windows XP

Friend I think you need to check first whether the printer is correctly connected or not. If it is well connected then follow some command. This command is firstly Open Windows Explorer. From the Toolbar, select Tools, Folder Options it will show one dialog box. Then from the View tab, UNCHECK the first box down "Automatically search for network folders and printers". Then you need to alternatively, go to the PC on which the printer is installed and in the printer properties, stop sharing it. If you do this command I’m sure your problem is might be solved.

Hey, I have also faced that kind of problem in the last month. In that time I have attach the same Dell laser printer with 3 Computer. But this time it will create the problem so I have decided to remove it from the network. Then I have some command to uninstall the printer from the network. This command is firstly you need to clear the spooler. In that case you got to the C:>windows>system32>spool>Printers then stop the spooler and delete the mentioned files and restart the spooler. Then it might be solving your problem and you can easily solve the problem.

Hey dude, you need to firstly check the configuration of the printer it will help you a lot because sometimes we doesn’t know about the actual configurations of the printer but the manual which will came with the printer is might be help you a lot. As per you mentions in the problem you have use the Dell laser printer. This laser printer will provide some good facility. so you need to firstly read the manual carefully because some manual also mention the future problem and its solutions.

Hey, you need to firstly check the configurations of the printer. If you do not know about the configuration of the printer then you will firstly read the manual of the printer. Then this will show the setting of the printer. After that go to the network setting and try to cancel the printer sharing options. If you do this then the printer is only connect with the single computer and then you try to uninstall the printer. I think this can be work properly and your problem might be solved.