Thread: How to Fix those Nintendo 3DS Loose Screen Hinge

WarlordDc Guest

How to Fix those Nintendo 3DS Loose Screen Hinge

Recently I had ordered a new Nintendo 3DS gaming device for me. I doubt that this come with some issue. When I open the lid of the device after a crackling sound the console open up fully. But the screen wobbles at the end. It is very loose. It open with a click properly but after that it is not tight. This is a bit annoying to me when I play games the screen vibrates when I shake my hand. Does all other people do get the same type of thing. Means is this common or I should go for a replacement of the console. It looks like broken hinge at the screen bottom.

Re: How to Fix those Nintendo 3DS Loose Screen Hinge

In my case the joints are quiet tight. And I am sure that the screen does not wobble at the end. It open with the click and stay firm. That means that your hinge is loose and you might need to show the same to service center. Basically it is not a big issue but it is true that the same is really annoying. This can be a common case of old gaming device not for the new ones. I just wonder that the loud click while opening up the console is normal or not.

In my view just get a proper replacement for that. You must replace the device or in future it will become too lose. The screen must be properly set at the angle of viewing. And if bend automatically backwards then that is annoying. I future it more bend at the backside. I tried looking for some screw thing which can tighter the hinge but nothing is provided and I think it is a kind of a experts job. Try contacting the customer care for the help.

I found this common. Compare to the other model Nintendo 3DS has a much looser screen. My friend got one of them and there is similar thing I found. You can say in some models while manufacturing this can happen. If you are having double on the same then the best thing is to contact the customer service support who can guide you for the problem. You can just have a talk with them and post the response. This will be a better information for others also.

Get a replacement for that at once. This is not a normal condition. It is surely a manufacturing defect. For every new console the screen is tight and firm. In your case the hinge might be broken. I had ordered a Nintendo 3DS and I got a dead pixel on the screen. Then I called for a replacement and I got the same. Later on I got more dead pixels on the screen and again I had sent for the replacement. Finally I am waiting for a proper device yet.

The crackling sound is common. It is just the hinge sound but it must not be so loosen up that you cannot adjust the screen as per your viewing angle. This can be a fault in the device. It is not possible to repair the same with your own hand. You cannot open and tighten the same up. Better as for customer care help. They might repair the same and even if possible you will get a replacement for the same.

If your ds was new then it should be in guarantee and and you can get it replaced from the company but if it is not then i would recommend you to get your nintendo ds repaired from NRP(nintendo repair shop)
    Last edited by Maqbool; 22-09-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.