Thread: cannot get things from my computer to micro sd card

cannot get things from my computer to micro sd card

Hello everybody, I recently bought 4GB micro sd card for my Nokia e72 phone. I am facing problem with this newly bought memory card. I am not able to get the file from my computer to my micro sd memory. When I try to get the thing from my computer to my micro sd card I am getting an error message saying that device is not ready. Drive is shown on my computer. What would be the problem? What should I do to overcome this kind of the problem? Any help please suggest me. Your help would be appreciated a lot.

Re: cannot get things from my computer to micro sd card

How are you connecting your newly bought micro sd memory card. Are you trying to connect through card reader attached to your computer or trying to connect it through your phone? It is better to connect it through the memory card reader. Since, it is newly bought memory card you need to format it first it. Don’t format it through the computer it would not recognize in your mobile. So format it to your mobile first then remove the memory card then use its adapter. Put this mini card into the adapter then try to connect through the memory card reader. It would defiantly work. You would be able to transfer the data from your computer to your memory card.

I would first like to thank for giving reply on my question. I tried the step you suggest but unfortunately did not work with me. Still I am having same problem. I formatted the memory card in my phone. I have Nokia e72 phone. Memory card is working perfectly in my phone. I never faced this kind of problem ever before this. I have photos in my memory phone I am able to move the photos in my memory card. It is also viewable from there also. I think there is problem with my computer. I don’t have a data cable of my phone So, I am not able to connect through my phone. So please help me.

From my point of there is problem with your memory card reader. It is not working fine. So I would suggest you to have a data cable from your friend or buy from market. Then see whether it is working or not. I am sure it will work. Or there is another way to make sure whether there is problem in your memory card or not. Take it from your computer and put this memory card into another computer. Then insert your memory card into it and see whether it is working if it is not working. it means there is problem in your memory card reader only not in memory card. Otherwise replace your micro sd card and have another one.

I tell you about my experience. I have 2 GB of memory card. Due to virus I was not able to format it from my mobile phone. I have Nokia N73 mobile phone. I think virus came while receiving song from Bluetooth. So I decided to format it from my computer. After that there was no data in my memory card I can see that in my computer it can be explore. But when was connecting or inserting it into my phone my memory card was not detected by my mobile phone. So I reset my mobile phone. Then I format the memory card from my phone now it is working fine with my phone.

From my point of view there would be the problem in your particular slot in your memory card or there would be the problem in your adapter that you get while purchasing the memory card. What type of memory card reader you have is it USB port. Then try to connect it into different USB port . If you have all in one card reader then try to connect or insert your memory card in to card reader into another slot having micro sd slot. It will work there if it does not work there also it means there would be problem in your card reader only so have new card ceader.