Thread: Short range FM modulator kits

Short range FM modulator kits

This makes me curious now. I wonder if there is any kits 'hobby' or out of such things short range (~ 50 feet high?) FM Modulators. Or at least something that can bypass the processing power and a signal directly to the modulator? I've been playing with a piece of software that, with the adding of a sound card that can 192kHz great quality output, a signal is encoded completely prepared for FM modulation. This includes the stereo images, the pilot signal and RDS, even. I opened an old Walkman and found online data sheet chip tuner, and then pipe the signal from the sound card to the input pin MPX, I have very clear and in true stereo FM full frequency response (within the limits of FM, of course.). My right thing currently is I have a portable radio Insignia NS-HD01 HD can accomplish the decoding of analog FM RDS broadcasts. I want to test this part of the software, but unluckily I do not think I would have the same fate as the Walkman. Especially taking into account that uses a chip tuner property without data sheet and the chip is buried in a pit soldier EM shield. Anyone have any idea about this?

Re: Short range FM modulator kits

Here I just want to give you some useful things and wish you like this. I have an FM transmitter from Jameco. It efforts but the frequency glides. It utilizes the BA1404 chip. The chip has a divide modulator input; you could simply avoid its encoder. Or If you can discover a old Mr Microphone, or a alike device which just took an mono or single channel feed it would probably work just fine. Just tell me if you want more information.

I never thought of that! I remember reading though flights mono transmitters have no filtering in general (not what is really needed for a mono audio source) and simply modulates the incoming power to the transmission frequency given. You will need to keep your eyes open for all such devices. Although it is tempting to link shedding. Especially since I have the need for an FM transmitter with a built-in stereo encoder for use with my phone and the car for music.

Adequate for obtaining digital modulators used for portable devices and simply change their place. Work at 5 volts and they're out small enough if your shell to "bring" their own device if there is enough space, like a laptop, for example, which is what I did. An antenna built into the cover of the LCD. Tied right into the starting line of the main PCB laptop. Now it's easy to play music or whatever sound your car stereo during a meeting anyone’s.

I do not think I'll go that far. The most important thing is if I want a single device that can be used for both purposes I need something that specific chip modulates the signal MPX input pin is available without cutting a lot. Design / Kist that shdesign linked to is about perfect. Normal use I can only get stereo sound normally through the L and R channel inputs. Other times, when I use the pre-coded signal that only the audio feed to the MOD input jack on the chip directly.

If you have never found a kind of stereo generator in it, it will remove any RDS data. Here in the shop that I have several drivers FM broadcasting, only problem is that it does not help much. That and it would be hard to keep 50's, even into a dummy load. I think all I have at this moment are the DIP switch controlled. The antennas are built into the ceiling. They did a good job cannot say that there is a roof of the factory until it becomes a magnet to it and see that is not metal.