Thread: Apple store disappeared from Ipod touch

Apple store disappeared from Ipod touch

Hi,I am having a problem with my Ipod touch with 8 gb memory. I brought it three months ago Everything was fine but one day my younger sister ,while browsing through the files deleted the apple store application accidently. I tried resetting it but it was not restored back. I connected it to iTunes thinking by any chance I can get it back. It dint worked, now what shall I do .Can anyone tell how to get back the app store application in my ipod touch.

Re: Apple store disappeared from Ipod touch

I wander how did she entered the app store and deleted it. ok I have a solution for your problem. From your ipod Touch go into settings, click general then scroll down and click restrictions. For this you need a password. If your sister was playing with then it might have asked her to set a password. Ask your sister about the password she had set. After entering the password click enable restrictions and then connect to the iTunes .Now you can install apps store. I hope this will help you.

As apps store is pre-installed application on IPod touch it is not possible to delete manually. Similarly in cell phones the applications installed by the company cannot be deleted by the user. Ok by mistake if it’s deleted you need to restore it back. You can do it setting your iPod touch to factory settings. For this you have to connect your iPod to iTunes and in there is the option for restore. But before performing restore action you must be aware of that all your datas will be deleted.

If your apps store application was in your IPods Touch by default when you purchased it, you can get it back by restoring factory settings. Performing restore to factory settings will solve your problem. And you can get back the software installed which runs your iPod .When you connect your iPod to iTunes and click update it stores all your iPod software .But one thing you should be aware of that when you perform this action you will lose all the data and files you have stored .

My advice to you is, while performing restore factory settings for your iPod touch you should backup all your music files and data so that you can restore it all afterwards. If you are unable to get your apps store application back then you should set it to recovery mode and then get restored. However while performing this action if you encounter any error or by any means you were not able to get your apps back then you are bound to restore it to factory settings.