Thread: My 6th generation 80GB IPod classic is not turning on.

My 6th generation 80GB IPod classic is not turning on.

I was having an old iPod and I was happy with it. But then for some unusual reasons it started giving some problem and suddenly it stopped working. That was really disappointing and then I thought that I would get a new laptop. Now I got a new My IPod classic 6th generation 80GB IPod classic which is another amazing IPod but the problem that I am facing is that the laptop screen doesn’t turn on when I press the buttons or even when I charge it nothing happens. Please help me out on this issue.

Re: My 6th generation 80GB IPod classic is not turning on.

I just had a look at the question that you have posted and feel a bit strange to know that the IPod is not working. I find no reasons why it is not turning on. I seriously think that there must be some flaws in the IPod that you have got. So a better suggestion from me would be to go to the store from where you got the IPod and then replace it with the new one. I am sure they will replace the iPod immediately and give you a new one.

I think that you need to follow certain steps to fix this issue. I have heard that this kind of issue us faced by many people who gave bought the 80GB I Pod classic. What you need to do is that you need to press the top button in your IPod along with the central button at the same time. After that just hold buttons till you will see the apple logo. Then just slowly release the top button. Here you need to remember that you have to just release the top button and keep on pressing the home button pressed. What this will do is that the IPod will go in the recovery mode and then will restore it through the iTunes.

I seriously feel that there is something wrong with the iPod that you are possessing as there is no reason why it won’t start. As said in the previous solution you just need to go to the store and get it replaced as immediately as possible. But before that I will advise you to just try pressing both the buttons till that apple logo appears one more time. If after doing these steps the iPod doesn’t start then there is seriously some issue with the iPod.

Thanks a lot for all your solutions. It has certainly worked for me. I would like to tell you that I followed the same steps that were mentioned in the solution and it has worked. I pressed both the buttons simultaneously and then waited till the apple logo comes. Then I released the top button but kept on pressing the bottom one. Thus this is how the iPod turned on. I would thank you all for providing me with the solution and I am happy that there is no problem with my iPod.