Thread: Battery icon shows a red cross when charged in HP Compaq Presario

Battery icon shows a red cross when charged in HP Compaq Presario

I have got a new HP Compaq Presario with me and everything is working alright with it. It is a really nice laptop to use and doesn’t give you much problem. But from past few days I am facing some kind of issues with it. The problem is that when I plug in my charger to charge the battery of my system I found out that the battery icon shows a red cross. This has been happening from past few days and has never happened before. So can anyone give me the solution for this problem.

Re: Battery icon shows a red cross when charged in HP Compaq Presario

I just went through your question and feel that this kind of issue is a basic issue and is faced by a majority of people. I feel that this is issue of battery itself. I guess that there might be some damage done to your battery and that is the reason why you get to see the battery icon showing a red cross. So the only solution to this would be replacing your battery immediately. Once you replace it then everything will be fine.

I have a solution to this question. What you can do is that you can remove the battery .Once you remove the battery then just you need to plug the power cord. Once you plug the power coed in then turn on the laptop. This process should be followed by shutting down your laptop. Then just place your battery back into the laptop. Try doing this and I am sure it will work for you. And if it doesn’t then make be there must be a problem in the battery itself. If that is the case then you might need to get a new battery.

What you can do is that you can just check the battery first whether it is working properly or not. For that you need to click start and then select HP Support Assistant which you will find immediately. Here you need to select some information in the troubleshooting box. Now over here you need to select the power and that should be followed by thermal and mechanical. Over here just select the battery checks. This will examine your battery properly and will send you the results of the battery.

Yes I completely agree with the solution that is being provided earlier. You just need to follow the steps that have been given over there and that is enough to know the condition of your battery. What this HP Battery Check will do is that it will indicate if the battery needs to be replaced. It passes through certain conditions and then will inform you that you the results. If the results are not favorable then it will tell you to replace the battery. So in that case you will definitely need to get a new battery.

Thanks a lot for all your solution. I just went through them and I found that they are really useful. I up to now haven’t used the solutions that you have provided but I feel that they will be definitely useful to me. I guess I need to use those steps properly and then will come to know if my battery is proper or not. So I would once again like to thank you for all your solutions that you have provided me and I am sure that once I use them they will fix my issue.