Thread: Volume settings for Acer Aspire one

Volume settings for Acer Aspire one

I have bought aspire one laptop for my birthday. I am not much familiar with laptop or maybe netbook. I have never used any laptop before. In my home I only own a desktop computer. After several time usage of this laptop I went to listen the song in it. However I couldn’t able to find any kind of volume control button I this. I can change volume using Realtek audio manager which is lying on the task bar. It seems to be little weird to me because I cannot regulate the volume properly. Is there any alternative choice for this?

Re: Volume settings for Acer Aspire one

First of all tell me what operating system you are currently using? However most of the laptop doesn’t contain any buttons for volume control. You have to regulate the volume using the sound drivers program or any other audio manager program which is installed in your computer. If you don’t have any audio manager then you have to install that program from the internet. Otherwise if you have motherboard CD that comes with laptop then that disc might include Audio related drivers as well as programs.

There might be a volume control button if it is a laptop, if it is a netbook then it may not contain these kinds of additional buttons. For that you need to use the operating system’s control panel or any other audio software installed in your computer. The Realtek sound manager is not a weird program. It is the most popular audio manager for Windows OS. This is the best program to regulate the volume according to your needs.

As far as I know that the audio output settings can be controlled from the control panel if you are using the Windows operating system.
    • Click Start >Select Control Panel
    • choose “Sounds an Audio devices”
    • choose the speaker and click on properties. Verify the properties configurations and check whether the speaker is enabled or not. Soemtime the speaker might be enabled but not working properly.
    • Click on the Test speaker button if it is present there.

I know that the Acer aspire Notebook does not contain any volume control button. However there is an alternative buttons or maybe options which you can use for control volume of speaker. When you look into the laptop keyboard or keypad some of the keys will be pictured as volume or speaker button. You can access those keys by the combination of Function keys or any other keys. I think that this is the only method you have.

I think that you should install or download the Winamp any other third party Audio manager to control the volume of speaker in your Acer Aspire one laptop. Usually the laptop volume can be controlled by the use of keyboard keys. when you look into the keys you will notice several keys with different marks above the letter. Usually you can notice those kinds of keys in Function keys F1 to F12. These keys functionality can be accessed by using the combination of another key like Ctrl or Alt or Shift etc.