Thread: Gets an error 404 while using Magic Jack

Gets an error 404 while using Magic Jack

I got a new Magic Jack with me and was very excited to use it. When I started using it everything was fine but then after some time it started creating some problems. The problem is that when I use it gives me an error 404. So why that is every time I plug in my magic jack phone there is always an error 404? Please do let me know why this happens .And if anyone gets the solution to this question then do let me know immediately.

Re: Gets an error 404 while using Magic Jack

I just went through the questions that you have asked and I feel that there is a solution to this question. What you can do is you need to check the settings and I think that it will help you to solve the problem. What you need to do is that you need to check proxy server interfering. You just need to check the setting to make the Magic Jack work. I am sure that once you check the proxy server interfering your issue will be solved immediately.

I agree with the solution that has been provided earlier and feel that you need to follow certain steps to check proxy server interfering. First you need to open the control panel and then click on the internet options .This should be followed by clicking the connections tab. After that click on the LAN settings .Once you click on LAN then make sure that the box under the proxy server section is not selected. Then select automatically detect settings which will help you to solve the issue.

I think that what you can do is you can chat live on magicjack.com website. Ask the persons that are present over there and I am sure that they will help you to fix the issue. What they do is that they fix the problem there itself from their end only and they will update to your account profile settings. So I guess that it will be a good solution that will definitely help you to fix this issue. And if it helps you then do let us know about it immediately.

Thanks a lot for all your solutions. I guess that these solutions will help me to fix the issue. I think that I would first try to check the proxy server interfering settings as I feel that there might be some glitches present over there. And even after changing the settings if the solutions don’t work then I will have to go on to the magicjack.com website to solve the problem. I hope that this solution will work for me. So I would again like to thank you all for providing me with the solutions.