Thread: Is Keyboard/mouse available for Net TV

Is Keyboard/mouse available for Net TV

Hi, I just brought my first Philips Net TV few days back. It is just awesome expect it’s free internet navigation which is pretty much unpleasant and not that much appealing. I had this query. I wanted to know whether Philips provides with any remote keyword/mouse to use internet on Net TV. Or is it possible to connect any random companies USB keyboard or mouse to it? Anyone with suggestions related to my query, please reply. It will be appreciated.

Re: Is Keyboard/mouse available for Net TV

I am not sure but it would be possible to connect Keyboard or mouse to your Net TV if you have got USB port. I would suggest you to use some good company keyboard/mouse which is more compatible with Philips products rather than any random one. Also I would rather suggest you to contact the nearest Philips Store or Philips product support website on this issue and get the best answer from those technical peoples. They can give you the exact answer.

I tried checking the Philips product support website but was unable to find anything related to this matter. I even checked the FAQs but with no success. I really feel that there must be some sort of remote with a small keyboard or they would like to plug-in a wireless USB keyboard to make internet and apps more useful and efficient. Also it would be nice if Philips removes its feature of displaying characters in the password field as it a password field and not the text field.

There might not be any remote keyboard or mouse for the Net TV but I came to know from news that Philips has joined hands with Oregan Networks and Broadcom to work on a revolutionary new technology to develop remote controls. So there is a hope of getting remote keyboards for Net TV in the near future. Till that comes you can try the latest Hi Tech remotes from Philips, "Prestigo" SRT8215/10 and SRU6008/10. They seems to be capable of helping on your issue.

Hi, if you are am Apple iPhone user then I would suggest you to use this app called “Philips Wifi TV Remote” Version (1.2) By Tim Vandecasteele. It can connect to the latest Philips TVs with internet capabilities which makes possible for you to use your iPhone as a secondary remote, and even as a keyboard. You can search for the application on the Apple official website and can download it from there itself. It’s free of cost anyways. Hope this helps you out.