Thread: How to access full memory size of pen drive

How to access full memory size of pen drive

I brought new pen drive from the market which is initially 32 GB memory size. Initially I was creates two 16GB partitions on this pen drive. After that I have two to three times copy paste operation done on this pen drive. And now whenever I’m trying to paste data on this pen drive I was found the error. Please suggest me how should I avoid this error and access my data.

Re: How to access full memory size of pen drive

Friends……….. I thing you purchase the fake USB pen drive. Now days some fake pen drive present in market. Initially it seen the memory size is very high which is not in actual conditions. For example 2GB pen drive may be shown as 8GB pen drive. This fake pen drive is shown data accessing problem after sometime. When data is written to them, either the write fails, or it overwrites existing data. It is possible to repair these devices to remove the false capacity information and use them normally.

Sometimes we are connecting our pen drive to different computer machines. In that case some unauthorized users or viruses may be changing the file access permissions of USB pen drive. So you need to check the read or write access permissions of pen drive. Firstly, right click on USB pen drive and click on properties submenu. Now you have seen the properties dialog box of pen drive. It will show the read or write access permissions of pen drive.

I think you use pen drive without caring of whether it is affected to the viruses or not. In that case, firstly you should check whether this pen drive affected to the viruses or not. You need correct updated antivirus. By using this antivirus, you can scan the pen drive. If any viruses present in your pen drive repaired it or remove it. After removing this viruses in the USB pen drive it will helpful for easily read or write the pen drive.

I thing at the time of formatting you use FAT or FAT 32 file system and If we trying to connect it with the NTFS file system. Some operating system does not support the facility to connect different file system. However, because a flash drive appears as a USB-connected hard drive to the host system, the drive can be reformatted to any file system supported by the host operating system. After format the USB pen drive you would be access the full size of pen drive.

I also faced the same kind of problem. After some time my pen drive does not show the actual size of the pen drive. Then I opened this USB pen drive in Linux operating system. It will not show the data of pen drive. So I was format it and by using Linux command and use data recovery software for getting the previous data. It works correctly & I tried it.