Thread: windows not found my Dell xps 16 inbuilt webcam

windows not found my Dell xps 16 inbuilt webcam

I am having a Dell XPS 16 laptop, this is running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit system architecture. My laptop is specified with inbuilt webcam, which I basically use for video chat form MSN web messenger. It was running fine till the last, but in last night when I tried to make the video chat I found a problem with the webcam, it does not detect the windows, this error message appears into the screen, after click on video chat option. I then reboot my system and checked the web cam driver is showing under device manager, but still the error message appearing into the screen. Is here anyone having any suggestion for me to resolve this issue?

Re: windows not found my Dell xps 16 inbuilt webcam

Download the latest version of web cam driver form the manufacturer web site and ruin the installation program, at the beginning it will ask you to remove or overwrite the existing one, go for this and remove the previously installed driver, then proceed for the fresh installation of the web cam driver. Few months back I was also facing relevant issue, after that I simply tried with this genuine process and resolved this issue, I hope this will also help you.

Open start menu and then click on device manager from control panel, under that look for the web cam driver, right click on that and choose the un-install option. Wait till it completes the un-installation process. Now reboot you system and start the MSG messenger, click on the desire video chat option nod see whether the web cam is working or not with the video application of MSN messenger.

The problem that you mentioned in you post, might also be occurring for the messenger, though there is a file included to start or run the web cam whenever you will try to chat on webcam. So if this happened then I suggest you to reload the messenger application remove the existing one and along with also remove the other files those were collaborate with the messenger and then proceed for the fresh installation. Now check whether there is any issue with the web cam.

I am a school student, and recently purchase a Compaq Presario laptop, where I mainly access the internet in my laptop, sometimes to video chat also. Though from last three days I am tried to video chat from msn messenger, it starts but suddenly stopped working, not able to perform the video chat. I tried with reload the messenger with latest version but this one also occurring similar issue. Now I am looking for any other messenger application for my windows system, any information about the best messenger for windows version?

Skype messenger: Skype is the finest application of phone calls and video calls over the Internet. With the help of microphone and a headphone you can talk to your friends and with money, the Skype also works as a normal phone. To call someone, add them to your contact list and then double-clicking on desire name and choose either the video chat or phone call option, you can also perform the text messaging.