Thread: The NOOKColor:- it is such as the HD2-version of a tablet, currently with Honeycomb

The NOOKColor:- it is such as the HD2-version of a tablet, currently with Honeycomb

Ok, so it is a work in progress, but certainly not unforeseen considering Google publicized the Android 3.0 SDK see a few days ago. Various too smart people over at XDA-Developers (well duh, as would be somewhere else ...) have the preview build up and running on the NOOKColor. It's slow, as expected, and is quite broken, also as expected, but is in a somewhat functional. Damn, NOOKColor is proving to be an extraordinary remedy, not quite up there with the HTC HD2, but rather close to him, I think, in terms of "capabilities hack to use"

Re: The NOOKColor:- it is such as the HD2-version of a tablet, currently with Honeycomb

Well, yes, it is outside - the Android 3.0 SDK is a fragment, which is what is running on the NOOKColor this whole thread is talking about it. Not perfect, no, but the point is that someone in their potential and all that is what makes it worthy of discussion now - as they are doing. It's slow, due to the acceleration does not work, once it is enabled (most likely this weekend or in the coming days) and then becomes even more spectacular. Just goes to show that there is a will (and the SDK, of course) there is a way.

Re: The NOOKColor:- it is such as the HD2-version of a tablet, currently with Honeycomb

I have been impressed among the Nook Color. So much so that I went out and purchased one and rooted it last night. It is an impressive small tablet/device/thing and it is attractive speedy for what it is. I presently cannot get the thing to carry the Nook Color devices after rooting. It has not gotten in the way up till now but not having something that’s supposed to be there has been bugging me.

I essentially kind like the stock B&N launcher on the North Coria. Presume that comes from having an e-ink Nook for quite a few months, and the fact that most of the time I prefer to read than to play games or dabble on the internet. I am expecting ultimately we get some excellent custom ROMs on it though. BT support would be good. You can still run Ubuntu on it which is attractive overwhelming.

That’s restriction the appeal for me. I do have an iPad, and I love it for the reason that it does work. I would love to have a Nook, root it and in truth play with it, but the knowledge on my end is incomplete and I most likely will have it running sub most favorable (and get irritated). I am thinking forward to the latest iPad and upcoming development of the rooted Nook. I love the idea, a lot such as Linux. But both require keeping the average consumer (such as me) in mind for plainness. I do believe the Nook is a great machine.

A number of videos of "HoneyNook" in action have cropped up in modern days, including the implanted video from Noah at Techno Buffalo, who praises the fresh NookHoney port to deeper-dev. More lately, put jointly his own NookHoney demo complete among a background soundtrack. His assessment: "Not terrible for a $250 tablet running beta software...it can only get superior." (Note: Cogen is using the Honeycomb port from the inner memory, which works superior and has the Android bazaar, but is harder to open).